XXIII

I've been dreading this moment for the full time I've been away. How will I act around him now? I felt a nervous sweat break through my forehead. My hand lingered on the door knob, hesitantly.

I knew I had to go in sooner or later. I had no where else to go. I just hope he's either at the pub or is sober.

I took a breath and twisted the doorknob. The door was unlocked. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that was just because he forgot to lock it when he left, so it was unpredictable what I would be faced with, when I walk in.

The flat looked pretty much the same as it did when i left. I sighed, walking into the living room, as I heard the TV was on, a football match playing. And there he was, with a beer in one hand, and his other arm, resting on the top of the couch, taking sips from his beer.

"I'm back." I announced, quite quietly. He turned his head around, and nodded, making a hand gesture for me to join him on the sofa. I hesitantly took a few steps around the couch, and sat on the opposite end.

He looked at me weirdly, and opened his arm, for me to lay in his arms.
I leaned my head on his side, his arm around my shoulder, placing a kiss on my head.

"How was your trip?" He asked, not really sounding interested, as his eyes focused on the game, while he continued drinking the alcohol.

"It was good. I missed you, though." I told him, half-lying. I did enjoy taking a break from the mess of our relationship, but I did partly miss him.
He scoffed at my comment, and he snapped my head up to face him.
"What? What is it?" I asked, examining his features.

"You missed me, huh?" He asked. Shit, does he know? He couldn't know, I was in America.

"Yeah... I did. Why?" I asked, scared for the response. My whole body had tensed up, my heart was racing, and my mind wa in a speeding train of thoughts.

"Nothing. Just thought you'd be glad to get away from me." He said, with no emotion. His eyes just darted on the TV, half ignoring me.

"I wasn't glad..." I tried to convince, and again he just scoffed.

Although he wasn't looking at me, I was looking at him with sad eyes. I sat up on the couch, and reached for the remote. I was taking a risk with turning the TV off, as I knew how violent and aggressive he could get when I disturbed him from watching a game.

As soon as the TV turned off, my heart raced. But I tried to act confident. His eyes widened, his brows furrowed, and his head snapped up to look at me, with sheer anger.

I leant down and began kissing him, hoping it was enough to distract him.
And it seemed to work. He still felt tense and angry, but I just continued kissing him, with my hands on his neck.

We pulled back, and I caught my breath, whilst taking off my jacket, scarf and top. His eyes filled with list, as his hands began roaming my body, before we stood up, and stumbled to the bedroom, while he wore a filthy grin on his face.