ᴇʀᴇɴ ᴊᴀᴇɢᴇʀ

——————

——————

CALL OF SILENCE

——————

"Thank you, Eren. I think I know who..."

I watched the male for a while longer, my intense gaze burning into his own pretty eyes.

He remained silent, anticipating my response.

I could just about guarantee you a slap to the head was what he didn't expect.

"Hey! What was that for? Did I do something wrong?" He yelled in pain, almost sounding just like he did back when we were just cadets.

I just sat back and let out a chuckle.

"It's you, idiot. Always and forever." I smiled at the shocked man. His face was flushed red; just like my own.

"Me? You want me? After everything I've done?" He questioned.

I sighed and rested my head in my propped up hand.

"It was a joint effort, loser. Quit taking all the credit for yourself." I rolled my eyes.

Unprecedentedly, tears filled the brunette's eyes.

Tears that also began to fall.

Before I could ask him why he was suddenly crying, he pulled me into a rib breaking hug.

"Always and forever?" He questioned, as if he didn't hear me the first time.

"Yeah, suicidal blockhead. Always and forever." I reciprocated the hug with soft facial features. I wrapped my arms around his neck, causing him to bury his head in the crook of my neck, inhaling the familiar scent.

"Vanilla." Was all he said, remaining in the warm embrace.

I eventually pulled away.

For a few minutes, we had just embraced peace.

I was gazing up at the sky, watching the congregation of birds fly around together.

They reminded me of something...

Eren's eyes, however, were fixed on me; and me alone.

"Do you think any of this would've changed if my answer was different that night?" I whispered, internally breaking at the thought of finally being able to live in peace.