ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

——————

——————

"I'm 23, and my folks are getting old.
I know they don't have forever and I'm scared to be alone:
So I'm thankful for my sister, even though sometimes we fight."

——————

I managed to escape an awkward altercation with Levi just by saying I was still working on an investigation. To be honest, that isn't completely far from the truth. I was still working. But I also wanted to read my sister's letter.

"Want me to drop you off at the HQ?" Levi asked, walking me to the palace's gates.

"Nah, I'll manage. But I do have one thing I wanna do." I spoke, stopping in my tracks and turning back to the palace.

"Hm?" Levi asked, urging me to continue.

"Historia and I were talking. We decided it would be nice to perhaps allow The Underground kids to live above ground. I haven't yet quite thought everything out, but I just wanna know what your thoughts are."

I knew Levi was born and raised in Wall Sina's underground city, so I hoped perhaps he'd be able to advocate for us.

His eyes suddenly widened and his pink lips parted slightly.

I suddenly found myself blushing and I turned my head to the right slightly.

"It's okay if-"

I was cut of by Levi's hand over my shoulder. When I made eye contact, he was already looking at me with those ethereal eyes.

Eyes could tell you a lot about someone.

Levi's told me he was hardworking, loyal and determined.

All of those being traits he actually possesses.

"Yes. I'll support you." Was all he could say.

We were still staring into each other's eyes and I could tell Levi was in a daze. I couldn't blame him because I was the same. I was lost and mesmerised by his eyes.

"Levi. Why did you kiss me?"

I slapped a hand over my mouth as soon as I had realised what I had said. If only I had a fucking eraser to just erase what I had just said.

Levi suddenly retracted his hand from my shoulder as if someone had stung him and stumbled back slightly. His eyes wide and previously parted lips tightly shut.