ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ

——————

——————

"I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing.
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing.
Be my mirror, my sword, my shield.
My missionaries in a foreign field."

——————

Levi and I were finally face to face. We were in his office, somewhere I haven't been for years. His face was blank, but with Levi, you could never tell what he was thinking.

"Want some tea?"

"No." I bluntly murmured, my tone hostile as I planned.

"Where are you taking the monkey, Levi." I asked, folding my hands over each other as Levi maintained eye contact with me, leaning back slightly as he did so.

"That's not what we're here to discuss. You decide to leave us for months, only to come back and expect no repercussions? Still an absolute fucking idiot, I see." He insulted, yet my face stayed tame, not depicting a sliver of emotion.

"Y'know, you're just like him. A more ruthless variant, but still just like him..." Levi continued, squinting slightly as his eyes were foxed on the oak desk.

My eyes widened and I understood the man he was referring to.

Erwin Smith, the devil incarnate.

"Just like him, huh?" My eyes softened at what I couldn't interpret to be an insult or compliment, just the fond memories of him made me feel safe.

Levi didn't bother to respond to my statement, so changed the topic. He didn't like to dwell on the dead.

"You and Eren are just as stupid as each other. Tell me, what the hell are you both planning?" Levi inquired, leaning over to get closer to my stoic face.

My expression remained unmoving.

"Nothing that matters."

Levi let out a quick "Huh..." and sat back in his seat.

Now, it was my turn to ask questions.

"What did you want to tell me before I left?" I folded my arms and hoped that his response would be anything that makes me want to stay.

"Nothing...forget it." He avoided eye contact and I accepted the fact he wouldn't tell me anything.

So we sat in silence.

A silence that was broken by another question from the ravenette.

"You and Jean?" he rested his head on his fists and just watched me, causing me to undeniably shake in my own skin.