ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ

——————

——————

"And another one bites the dust."

——————

As expected, I didn't recall a single thing. All I do remember, is emerging from a crystal. My body wet and my eyes wide.

"Y/N!"

Who was that?

My half opened eyes looked up to where the sound was coming from. Thunder Spears erupted from around my tired form.

I was all too confused.

"Eren..." I managed to whisper, covering eyes from the blinding light I wasn't yet accustomed to.

My hair was wet and sticking uncomfortably against my skin.

I wasn't prepared to have been swept up from the ground and into the sky. My half conscious self couldn't distinguish between reality or a figment of my imagination.

I was tired, cold, and just wanted to sleep.

But the comfort of my father's cape consumed me. At least I haven't lost it.

"Caring about everyone but yourself. You need to rest, Y/N."

It was Armin's familiar voice.

I felt safe.

Armin landed himself on a rooftop, resting me on the floor.

"Cover Y/N! We can't afford to lose her!" Armin authoritatively declared, almost just like a Commander...

It took a while of no conversation, listening to the noise of Thunder Spears and the other atrocities of war for me to shoot up with wide eyes.

"What happened!" Tears threatened to brim my eyes. Surprisingly, I still had my ODM gear. I stood up, ignoring the pain that engulfed my tired form and unsheathed a blade.

It was just Armin and a few Jaegerists protecting me. I didn't need protection.

I could fight.

"You went on a rampage." Was all he said, refusing to meet my eyes. My own e/c eyes widened.

"You injured both Reiner and the Jaw Titan with ease. You wiped out most of the 500 Marleyan soldiers and brought this fight in our favour," he started, I knew he wanted to continue.

"Zeke's here, though. He took down the airships. All Eren and Zeke need to do is make contact. But Zeke's hurt." He spoke upset, his gaze fixed on his Thunder Spear.

"Where's Levi and Hange?"

Armin's shocked gaze shot up to me before softening again.

"I...I don't know."