ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

——————

——————

"Got the music in you, baby.
Tell me why.
You've been locked in here forever and you just can't say goodbye."

——————

After receiving directions of the Levi Squad's whereabouts, I had already hopped on a horse and began riding there; my ODM gear still intact as I knew I'd have to fight sooner or later.

It was already getting dark as I galloped on my horse down to the forest in which everyone was as of now. I would be the one to tell them that the coup was a success and that all Scout activity beyond the walls has been resumed. To be fair, I just want everything to resume as normal like it was a few hours prior to my kidnapping. But with Levi, I know that'd be impossible.

I allowed my mind to just wander wherever it wanted and before I knew it, I had reached the place everyone was camping at.

My horse was now trotting very slowly to the camp fire's luminescent rays of light. And the soft voices of the people I knew all too well.

When I got closer to the camp, I could see everyone huddled around the fire.

So I took a deep breath in and slowly trotted my horse into the camp.

"Yo." I smirked as I hopped down from my horse and came to light. I handed a piece of paper to the nearest person who just happened to be an aghast, motionless Levi.

Silence.

All I could hear was the crackle of the firewood and rustling. And then after that, everyone erupted into screams and tears of all sorts.

I felt hugs attacking me from every corner of my body and wailing sounds emitting from most likely Sasha or Connie.

Before I could speak, a figure pulled me by my shoulders and into a chest. I instantly knew it was Jean judging by the hug style.

We remained like that for at least a couple of seconds, basking in each other's warmth. His arms were wrapped securely around my head, pushing me into his chest. I eased into the hug as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Y/N...I- We thought we lost you..." he mumbled onto my head.

I didn't reply, but instead closed my eyes, enjoying his warmth as unusual butterflies pooled around in my stomach.

"Get off her, Horseface!" Connie screeched, pushing Jean violently to the side as he threw his arms around my neck and wrapped his legs over my waist, Sasha following his lead by doing the same gesture to the other side of my body. It was my injured side, but that's alright, I guess.