ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜱɪx

——————

——————

"Girl, you know you make my cold heart warm with a touch.
One kiss and we fuckin', I just can't get enough"

——————

"I want to talk to you about something, Y/N." Eren spoke stoically, sitting beside me on the bed with what almost looked like an emotion filled with sadness.

I furrowed my brows and spoke.

"What? You alright, Eren?"

He didn't reply immediately. He just looked at the floor, manspreading slightly as he furrowed his own brows.

"Eren?" I repeated, trying to observe the boy slightly. Was he okay?

"I'm fine. I just don't want you to go through...this...with me. You could get yourself hurt, even worse so, killed. I already messed up by letting you eat the Warhammer. I should've known you'd wanna do it." He balled his fists and for a split second, I thought I saw my Eren.

I let out a humourless chuckle and slapped the male on the back of his head.

"So that explains why you were so hostile back at Marley. We're too far deep to turn around. But I'll be fine, you can count on me to live. Once we go through with the rumbling and free Paradis, we can go back home." I tried to smile, but it probably looked awkward.

Eren's eyes softened and he reached over to take my hand.

Now, the smile on my face was genuine. I felt happy.

He began fiddling with my fingers, almost like he always used to do back in the cadets.

A soft blush coated my cheeks as I witnessed Eren finally being himself for the first time in years. Only then, did I realise how much I missed him.

"If I were to tell you something, are you sure nothing would change between us?" If we weren't so close, chances are I definitely wouldn't have heard what he had just said.

I kissed my teeth.

"I could never be angry at you, Eren. Even if I tried." I softened my gaze.

Eren slowly separated his hands from mine and instead opted on folding his hands over his lap.

I watched his movements carefully.

"It's not like I'm expecting a response right now, if anything, I want you to think about it for a while before making your mind up. I..." He paused, as if he was wondering how to phrase the words that would come out of his mouth.