ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

——————

——————

"It's no big surprise you turned out this way.
When they closed their eyes and prayed you would change. And they cut your hair and sent you away."

——————

"You don't understand! You just up and left and now you're expecting the Scouts to help you?!" I listened to the male who donned a black suit scream at me with my eyes shut.

I hated this.

Jean's never yelled at me before.

"Technically speaking, I command the Scout's elite force and I'm Vice premier. I own the Scout regiment, Jean." I muttered, slowly opening my eyes and looking at the male who was watching me with wide, furious eyes.

"What the hell's gone into you? You want to kill women and children that have nothing to do with this for what? Revenge? You're not the person you once were, Y/N." He looked hurt, upset even. I didn't even look at him. My face was blank and fixed on the thin stream of water meandering carelessly, glowing under the sun's rays.

"Who said I'm gonna kill people? All we need is to show the government that Paradis isn't a force to be reckoned with and then we go. If anyone gets in the way, their death is on them."

Jean watched me for a while before sighing and slipping into a defeated slump.

"I miss you."

I watched him through the corner of my eye and tried my hardest to not feel a thing.

But I knew deep down that I missed him too.

More than I should've.

"And I don't think you'll ever understand. No, you will never understand how much I care for you, even if I were to tell you directly." He chuckled dryly. My eyes were still dull, but I swore that for a second I felt something. But like everything does, it went away.

"I'm sure you've seen the letters regarding the plan I've formulated. I pray that the Scouts would be able to execute it perfectly." I attempted to change the subject, but he didn't seem to want to move forward in conversation.

"Out of all guys you choose to run away with, you choose that suicidal bastard...What the hell has he done to you? The Y/N I knew would've never done this." He sulked, his slouched form sending shivers to my spine.

I hated seeing him sad.

But I had to act unfazed.

"My decision was mine alone, Jean. If Eren hadn't of joined me, I would've done it anyway." I nonchalantly spoke, my eyes discreetly watching his now defeated form.

For a while, no words were exchanged between us.

"You look weirder than usual."

"You mean unfamiliar? Yeah."