ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ

——————

——————

"Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all
the time
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

——————

How long has it been?

Where is everyone?

Why am I so cold?

My father's damp Scouts' cloak is what shook me into reality. That's right. I was fulfilling my role as a Kingsman...no...a Smith.

I was finally entering the new Eldian empire as who I was before. No way in hell did I want to be a Kingsman...

I wanted to honour Dad's name. Don't know how I didn't realise that earlier.

I had been holding onto the ship for as long as
I could've remembered. I was certain, however, my ODM was okay. I seemed to be able to retract it properly when I got out of the water.

I was tired, cold and wet.

My body was slumped behind the ship as I listened to the voices. Everything was a haze. Pretty sure I passed out during the journey.

But I knew what I had to do.

Just wasn't sure if I wanted it.

Right here, right now, I'll dictate what happens to Eldia. I'll also be dictating what happens to my friends.

That notion absolutely terrifies me.

I reached into my beige Scouts' pocket for Annie's necklace that I had swiped from my drawer's earlier. When I realised it was safe, I contently sighed.

After everything I've been through, do I really still care about her?

I guess if I have to, I might just apologise to everyone.

Maybe if I jam a blade into the fuel tank, everyone would flee on the ship. That's what I hope would happen, at least.

"I see your love for Titans is still unrequited, Four-eyes." It was Levi's voice that made me perk up, only for a sentimental smile to grace my face.

His voice made me feel better, safer.

Even despite my shitty state, knowing he was okay made me feel better.