ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

——————

——————

"Go easy on me, baby. I was still a child. Didn't get the chance to feel the world around me."

——————

To calm my nerves, I had opted for just going outside. Maybe then I'd be able to understand what the hell was going on. I already knew one thing, though.

I'm tired.

So fucking tired.

When I made it outside, there were horses and a few wagons. A few other military individuals but I couldn't care less about them. I walked up to the nearest wagon and hoisted myself into it. I sat myself on the wagon's floor.

Now that I think about it, maybe suppressing my emotions for so long wasn't a good choice.

If anything, after suppressing my emotions, I've become weaker. So much weaker.

Every time the smallest problem arose, I'd feel the need to break: just like now.

Kiara died. Annie's locked in a crystal. Ymir just disappeared to who knows where. My father's arm.

All of which I had the power to prevent.

I sat in sorrow, oblivious to the man behind me.

"I felt like I'd find you here." A voice sounded from behind me.

"Dad." I mumbled, not turning around to the Commander. I was bathing in my shame.

The wagon shook for a second before returning back to normal: dad had seated himself right next to me.

"When you were only knee height, you always used to hide here. I'd used to have to scare you with Titan stories just to get you out." Erwin spoke, removing his emerald Scout's cloak and wrapping it around my shoulder's as he shielded me from the cold.

I smiled slightly as I recalled the fond memory of me being so scared of the other Scouts to the point I'd resort to cuddling myself in wagons.

The fond memory in which I had little to no responsibility.

"Yeah, I remember." I replied, pulling my knees into my stomach.

We remained in silence for a while, ignoring the elephant in the room.

I gave into the pressure, however.

"I don't know if I wanna be Queen or not. Part of me does, the other doesn't." I inhaled before continuing. If I'm to vent to someone, that someone's most definitely going to be dad.