ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

——————

——————

"Sure it's a calming notion, perpetual in motion.
But it's not what you signed up for."

——————

"This may be a special night, but let's not let the public find out! Behave like soldiers without causing a ruckus!"

I stared at the specimen in front of me in shock. Is that meat?

I almost forgot it existed.

"Eh...meat? Is this meat?" Connie spoke, voicing my thoughts exactly with a shocked expression like everyone else.

"Am I dreaming?" Sasha looked absolutely starstruck as she held her head to calm herself.

"Eat up! Tonight we reclaim Wall Maria!" One of the Squad leaders cheered with a cup in his hand.

"Cheers!"

But before he could even finish, the mess hall erupted into screams of all sorts. Everyone was fighting over meat slices like absolute animals.

"Don't pull that shit with me! Potato girl! Just what do you think you're doing." Jean yelled at Sasha who had an entire piece of meat in her mouth.

"Cut it out, Sasha! I don't want to have to kill you!" Connie exclaimed, not wanting to kill his friend in pursuit of a slice of meat.

I looked around the table. No one looked like they wanted to stop her so I sighed and stood up.

"Heads up!" I screamed, jumping over the table and directly on Sasha. I held her in a light headlock for a while before she finally ran out of energy and stopped moving.

Eren and Connie went to tie her up for a while.

"Don't you see?" We were at a table, talking about the plan to reclaim Wall Maria as Jean began lecturing Marlow.

"You're at the rear-guard cause you have no fighting experience." He spoke, waving his hand.

"I understand I'm weak. But isn't the vanguard the best place to learn how the enemy moves?" An oblivious Marlow tried to convince us.

I sighed and spoke up.

"This isn't just any random mission, Marlow. We're reclaiming Wall Maria here. You can learn any other time."

"But if we're not all with that mentality, then how do we work as comrades?" He tried to reason with me.

I rolled my eyes at his heroism, and began chewing on my slice of steak.