ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ

——————

——————

"Won't let go of your hand.
Two birds of a feather.
Say that they're always gonna stay together.
But one's never going to let go of that wire."

——————

Everyone was frozen in shock.

"Y/N!" I heard Connie's voice call, causing me to grimace slightly at the newfound noise.

So loud.

My eyes were open and fixed on a shocked Sasha, she seemed to be too shocked to formulate any words. My gaze softened and I instantly began hearing screams, calls for my name, and a failed shot of another bullet.

"Y/N! Make it to the Island!" Jean's voice called out to me, causing me to grit my teeth at the feeling of his warm hands on my face. I cherished it.

"It was my fault! If she didn't save me, she wouldn't have been shot!" Sasha grabbed my hand and held it towards her face, crying into my cold hand.

To be completely honest, I wasn't sure I wanted to live. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm out to die. But it's not really like I'm out to live either. I was just tired.

I closed my eyes.

I closed my eyes to escape the noise, fighting and everything.

But once I closed my eyes, I was instantly transported to a memory which I definitely do not remember experiencing.

FLASHBACK

"Quit struggling, it's not going to help!"

Wait, Bertholdt's voice? What is this? Where am I?

I was confused.

But the more I looked around, the more I was able to understand the situation.

I had no idea which perspective I was viewing this situation from, but all I could see was Ymir's Titan, Historia, The Armoured Titan, and Mikasa perched onto his arm.

I assumed Bertholdt and Eren were who Reiner was protecting.

But wait...

I was there.

I realised that if this all took place when Eren and I were kidnapped all those years ago, then I should also be shielded by Reiner.