ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

——————

——————

"And I guess, I'll just miss her.
Even though she isn't even really gone."

——————

I made it to the restaurant relatively quickly. I was just in time to watch everyone get loaded into carriages. They were being sent straight to the cells.

My heart ached at the sight.

Floch caught my eye and I watched him order around the Jaegerists.

I sighed and turned around.

No way in hell do I associate myself with them. Yeah, don't get me wrong, Freedom for my friends is all I want. But these guys are the epitome of embarrassment. Slaves who have no mind of their own, just following after myself and Eren.

I jumped down from off of my horse, still donning my old version of ODM gear.

I walked into the restaurant without another word.

I strolled through the hallway, occasionally nodding to a few soldiers who greeted me with a salute.

I tried to listen carefully, watching out if I heard anything that sounded remotely like my friends. Well, I doubt they see me as such.

When I heard Eren's enraged voice from the room beside me, I gasped, opening the door and walking in only to find Eren pummelling Armin's face.

My eyes widened and instinctively, without a second thought, I walked over to Eren and Armin's brawl. Before Eren could land another strike, I grabbed his fist, causing Armin's face to light up into shock.

"Y/N..." The blonde whispered.

"Eren. Check your emotions."

"Spiers..." I heard a voice murmur from behind me.

"Gabi...you're safe." I lowered Eren's fist and fixed my attention onto the smaller brunette, surveying her features for any injuries.

"Where's Falco?" I asked calmly, wondering where the hell the blonde was. Normally, they were inseparable.

And much to my surprise, she responded frantically, as if she wanted help.

"He's hurt! He accidentally consumed some of Zeke's spinal fluid! He needs help, Y/N!" She finally referred to me via my actual name.

Pause.

Wine?

Zeke's spinal fluid?