ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

——————

——————

"Most of my boys are with me, some are still out seeking glory.
And some I had to leave behind, my father, I'm still sorry."

——————

20 MINUTES LATER

"Reiner. What's this metal case you had in your left chest pocket? Before we chopped off all of your limbs, you tried to grab it with all your strength. Suicide pills? A bomb perhaps?" Hange questioned.

I zoned out of the conversation. A temporary medical eye patch was fastened over my right eye as I was pacing around. My body was covered in blood and my head pounding.

I needed to check if everyone was okay.

"Hold on! Are you sure? We might be able
to steal his power." Jean yelled, slamming me into reality.

Hange had her blade pressed against Reiner's throat, but her attention was on Jean.

The injection.

I furrowed my brows and decided to speak up.

"Mikasa and I will find Armin and Eren then check their situation." I spoke eagerly, wanting to go see what was going on with everyone else.

Hange looked at me with narrowed eyes and then spoke.

To be completely honest, I wasn't focused on a single word she said. I'm sure Mikasa was listening, though, because she placed a hand on my shoulder and spoke.

"Let's go, Y/N."

I nodded my head and made a beeline for where I was certain Eren and Armin were; Mikasa following right behind me.

But when we got there, I was absolutely shocked to say the least. My eyes were wide and my mouth agape.

"Yeah! Keep it up! Armin's breathing again Come on! Just keep on breathing!"

Eren cried over what seemed like a burnt body.

It was Armin.

My eyes watered slightly as I put a hand over my head to calm my pounding headache.

"No. This isn't happening." I muttered.

I had failed to protect him.

I swore.

"Armin." Mikasa mumbled, tears in her eyes.

"Captain! Get the syringe! He can eat Bertholdt!" Eren cried, distress obvious in his voice.

I peered down at the floor.

Where's dad?

"Yeah..." Levi trailed off.

Levi.

He's okay.

He was looking me right in the eyes now, what almost looked like pity resided within them.