ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

——————

——————

"And if I may just take your breath away
I don't mind if there's not much to say."

——————

My eyes slowly fluttered open, being met with the multiple shade of pinks and oranges that would naturally accompany the setting sky, and my body suddenly shot awake as soon as I realised I was on horseback; my arms wrapped around a figure to prevent me from falling.

"What-" I cut myself off rather abruptly when I came to the realisation that it was my father's torso my arms were clinging around.

Had I really been out for so long?

I turned around rapidly to survey my surroundings.

I could see almost everyone, everyone but Ymir and obviously Bertholdt and Reiner.

"Y/N! Take it easy! You're hurt..." My father demanded, turning around to look at me, but his stoic expression suddenly softened.

"But you at least you're safe." He looked at me with those loving, fatherly eyes.

"Yeah, I'm glad you're alright too." I muttered my gaze wandering down to the bloodied patch on his cloak.

It was more than a patch...

If blood had the ability to be a colony of sorts, this would be it.

It would only make sense for him to have blood on him from fighting Titans, yes. But the question lies: is that really a Titan's blood? If so, shouldn't it have evaporated by now judging by the distance we've already covered?

"Dad?" I mumbled, shoving his emerald green Scout Regiment cloak to the side.

And that's when I saw it.

At least that's where I saw nothing in a place there should be an arm.

"Who the fuck did this to you." I got straight to the point, trying to refrain from getting emotional.

I looked into his deep blue eyes, my own e/c ones couldn't help but become glossy with my tears, so I blinked back the ones that threatened to fall.

"Y/N, don't worry about it. Really, it's nothing." He smiled gently down at me.

From how badly his arm was severed, I could only assume a Titan bit him.

He let out a sigh and turned back to face in front of him, simultaneously controlling the horse with great ease.

"You really are so desperate to get yourself killed, aren't you dad?" I chuckled dryly, trying to make the situation I feared the most more lighthearted.

He's not fit to leave his office, but knowing the guy, It's not a stretch to assume he'd go on missions regardless.

I was scared.