ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

——————

——————

"Give peace a chance."

——————

I guess I was kidnapped.

At least that's what I was able to deduce from the status quo without opening my eyes.

"Don't act like you have any right to feel sorry for yourselves! We're living in a hell you two created!" I heard Eren screamed at Reiner and Bertholdt.

Despite my eyes being tightly shut, it was undeniable that the sight of an armless Eren flailing his severed arms around would have been pretty funny.

I scolded myself internally for even contemplating letting out a giggle.

My head lay flat on who I guessed to be Ymir's lap as I feigned unconsciousness.

You may be wondering, "Y/N? Why aren't you standing up for yourself and Eren?"

Let me explain.

When Reiner and Bertholdt decided to kidnap me, as well as Eren and Ymir, it was obvious that they would need to heavily restrict my movement.

So they did.

And that's how I found myself in nothing but my scout uniform (albeit my cloak and jacket) and obviously no ODM gear (which was stolen and utilised by that bastard Bertholdt).

But being the adopted daughter of Erwin Smith himself, obviously with that comes common sense.

By pretending to still be asleep, I would be able to gather intel on the situation that could perhaps be used in the future.

After the stunt those idiots pulled on us not too long ago, we need all the preparation we can get.

However, I'm obviously not just going to lie there uselessly.

Unbeknownst to the two dumbasses on the opposite tree, I'm slowly loosening the rope that restricts my movement.

Ymir is obviously aware of the current circumstances as she's quite blatantly egging on Eren to keep him talking.

She's buying me time.

Once the rope is loose enough to be pulled apart with raw strength, I was able to now just listen.

"I get why you'd want Ymir and I, but why Y/N! Leave her out of it!" Eren screamed at the top of his lungs.

Good grief.

I respect the enthusiasm, but at least tone it down a little. My headache's killing me...

"Huh, oh sorry," Reiner muttered, probably just processing Eren's question.