Part 59: They Always Get Back Up

"Tell me, then..." Makima met his eyes with a smirk. "What exactly has changed between now and-"

SMASH!!!

(Y/N) blasted forward, flattening half of Makima's head on his knee at a speed she couldn't comprehend.

"Enough." (Y/N) snarled.

CRASH!!!

Was the sound of (Y/N)'s fist erasing what was left of Makima's face, sending her body flying a mile back the way she came.

(Y/N) landed on his feet, flicking away the blood coating his right hand as he faced down Makima's army. Makima's puppets were frozen, having barely registered (Y/N)'s blitz.

Makima's scrambled head reformed in the midst of her flight away from the battlefield. Her once placid face was now noticeably rattled, put on edge by (Y/N)'s sudden display of power. Makima clenched her teeth as her body flew ever closer to the ground, hissing out these words:

"Kill them."

In an instant, the entire graveyard erupted. Bloated, decayed, and skeletal arms plunged up from under the earth in every direction, the zombified bodies of every slain devil hunter rising at the command of the Zombie Devil. Makima's front line charged towards (Y/N) and Denji, the hybrids and fiends moving as one unit to dispatch their target at Makima's order.

(Y/N) smirked as Denji crouched low, plunging his arms into the ground. Moments later, a massive portion of the ground was torn and carried into the sky by his chains. The lashing chains sent the mass of earth flying towards Makima's hounds, (Y/N) ducking as it careened over his head.

Tanaka and the Straight Sword hybrid advanced, flashing forward and dicing the massive projectile to pieces, flying through the debris to do the same to-

VRAAAAA!!!!

SMASH!!!

(Y/N) and Denji intercepted them on the other side, bisecting both devils with a devastating kick and roaring saw respectively. The two spun in the air, the blood from their latest kills spraying from their dirtied weapons. 

CRASH!!!

SHUNK!!!

The Spear Hybrid put his spear through Denji's chest as Violence planted a devastating kick in (Y/N)'s side, splitting up the duo as the other dogs hounded after them.

"RAAAGH!!!" Violence swung a massive fist straight at (Y/N)'s head, the hybrid barely ducking backwards to dodge it.

"She won't even let you guys die, eh?" (Y/N) asked, jumping over an earth-splitting axe kick. Violence swung again, his fist creating a chaotic rending noise as it tore through the air straight towards (Y/N)'s head.

(Y/N) smirked.

(Y/N) hopped backward effortlessly, letting Violence's fist smash into the ground. (Y/N) reengaged, jumping forward and planting a devastating kick in Violence's head. Half of the brute's head was scrambled in a single blow, and his massive form was sent flying. Before (Y/N) could even land, Beam rocketed from the ground, his jaws outstretched to chew him up. (Y/N) caught the jaws skidding backward as the massive form of Beam's devil form pushed him back. Nevertheless, (Y/N) got his footing, and smiled viciously as he held up Beam's massive form with his inhuman power. (Y/N) didn't hesitate as he wrenched his hands apart, tearing Beam's jaws open. Blood and shattered teeth rained onto green grass as (Y/N) kicked Beam's body away, sending him flying through a row of tombstones.

Denji roared in anger as The Spear Hybrid laughed sinisterly, digging his spear deeper into the back of the Chainsaw Hybrid as the Whip Hybrid and Prinz blitzed toward them. His laughter was cut short as Denji spun, sawing open the torsos of the three devils in a whirwind of roaring saws and spraying blood. He landed, catching his breath as he staggered to his feet. He swung his head as he heard the fluttering of feathers, being met with Angel standing a ways away from him.