Epilogue: Goodbye

"HUAAAAARGH!!!!" 

Arai and Kobeni vomited their guts out into the bushes as Power cackled at their suffering, the others had been through too much to care about having just consumed Makima. 

"What happens now?"

Reze said.

"What are we gonna do now that Makima's gone?" She asked no one in particular.

"Simple." 

Reze turned to (Y/N).

"We just keep living." (Y/N) said, keeping his eyes fixated on the distance.

...

...

...

"That didn't really explain anything..." Reze muttered.

"Well, I was getting to that!" (Y/N) barked.

"What (Y/N) is trying to say..." Denji said, and Reze turned to face him. "Is that we didn't pick this parking lot randomly..." Denji began. "This is... Well, it's our new home."

...

"Huh?" Reze asked.

"Kishibe managed to arrange a new living situation for all us not-devils." Denji explained. "This entire apartment complex behind us is open for the talking!" He chuckled, pointing behind himself.

"Was not cheap, I'll tell you." Kishibe spoke up, sipping from his flask. "From here on out, you'll all be housed in this 'designated holding zone' for fiends and hybrid devils. Call it your own little pandemonium." Kishibe said. "For your work against Makima, you've all been pardoned of any crimes you might have committed in the past couple months or so." Kishibe said. "For the more humanish folks, I'll be able to forge some fake identities so you'll have normal human things to occupy yourselves with." Kishibe said.

"That..." Reze muttered. "Does that mean that..."

"We can go to school, Reze!" Denji chuckled.

...

A wide smile spread across Reze's face, before she threw herself into Denji, laughing gleefully as tears welled up in her eyes.

Kishibe stared at the couple, an indifferent expression on his face.

"Sounds nice..."

Kishibe turned to see Quanxi standing beside him.

"I take it this is a ploy to turn us into Japan's personal arsenal?" Quanxi asked.

...

"Nope." Kishibe said. "Just felt charitable." Kishibe grunted.

...

"Man, you really have lost yourself..." Quanxi muttered.

----------

It took a little while for them to be situated, but as time passed, the fiends and half-devils moved into their new home. They divided the complex amongst themselves, splitting up into the limited number of available apartments. The dread of Makima faded slowly, and life, for the first time ever, became peaceful.

Three days had passed since they had initially moved in. It was midnight, and a movie night for the denizens of this particular apartment was on the eve of concluding. (Y/N) sat on a couch, Power nuzzling with him as she slept soundly. Reze and Denji had retreated to their room, having called it a night when they decided the movie was too boring to waste sleep on. Kishibe, taking some of his free time to join the undeniably boring-as-hell event, sat in a chair to the side of the couch. The movie they were watching had concluded, its white credits rolling up a black screen.