Part 52: All Your Fault

"Where the hell are we, Master Geezer?" Power asked harshly.

"A place." Kishibe said dryly. "I think you're gonna enjoy it." Kishibe added.

They reached a single door, unassuming in nature.

"Alright, you go in and stay there. I mean it." Kishibe said, pulling out his flask as he turned to leave.

"Are you not going with me?" Power asked.

"Nah, got some shit to get prepped." Kishibe said.

...

Power turned towards the door, extending a hand towards it.

"One more thing, kid." Kishibe said, stopping, but not turning to face her.

"Yes?" Power turned, stopping her hand short.

...

...

...

"I'm sorry." Kishibe said, before turning a corner and disappearing.

...

"Weirdo..." Power muttered, turning the knob and slowly pulling open the door. She looked inside, immediately seeing a couch and TV, along with-

Quanxi and Reze looked up to meet her gaze.

Power's eyes widened as she staggereed back. She burst her wrist immedietly, forming a small blood-knife. Was this a trap? Was this an ambu-

Her eyes fell on Aki in the corner.

...

"TOPKNOT!!!" Power's caution died immediately as she saw him, crying out and leaping into the room straight toward him. Aki caught her, and Power giggled gleefully as they locked in a tight embrace.

"P-Power!" Aki smiled as Power hugged him tightly.

"Behind me, Aki! I'll save you from these scoundrels!!!" Power suddenly pushed Aki behind her as she turned to face Quanxi and Reze, forming two blood swords and striking an exaggerated fighting pose.

Reze and Quanxi only stared at them, too drained to give a damn.

"Power, they're on our side." Aki explained.

"Really?" Power turned her head back to him, but still held her swords out at Quanxi and Reze. "Well, then they've finally recognized my superiority then!" Power undid the blood swords, placing her hands on her hips to laugh cockily.

"I'd appreciate it if you keep it down, sweetheart." Quanxi grunted, gesturing towards her fiends, who were currently napping on a set of futons.

"Topknot, I've finally found you!" Power turned back to Aki, ignoring Quanxi. "Where's (Y/N)? We'll grab him as well and all go home!" Power chirped.

The smile on Aki's face died the moment she uttered (Y/N)'s name.

...

...

...

"Aki?" Power gazed at him, noticing his expression change. "Where's (Y/N)? He must be here with you, right?" Power asked.

Aki looked away from her.

"Power... I... I don't know how to tell you this..." Aki held a mournful expression as he spoke quietly.

"What is it?" Power asked. "If you don't know, then just have (Y/N) tell me." Power said, ignorant of the implications.

Aki gritted his teeth hard.