Theo

It was the coldest day of the year in Chicago, and the intelligence team were just making their way into the Bull Pen.

Their Sergeant, Hank Voight could be seen sat at his desk, filing through paperwork, his usual scowl on his face as he did so.

The team were all clothed up in thick chinos (jeans for the ladies Hailey, and Kim) and thick jumpers and jackets. The snow had come in thick and fast this year after a very hot summer.

"Jay, can I borrow you a minute" Hank shouted, smiling softly at the younger Dectective

"Yea, what's up Sarg" the young dectective asked, stepping into the office

"You're getting a new partner" Hank said, "Here he is now"

Jay turned around to see someone he hadn't seen since he was medically discharged from the Army 3 years prior.

Tears built in the corner of his eyes, overwhemled he flug open the door of Hanks office and walked quickly into the locker room, harsh breaths leaving his mouth.

The team just looked in confusion, Erin quickly following the younger man, needing to check on her best friend and colleague.

The unknown man sighed and continued his slow walk into Voights office, and strange limp present making everyone wonder what had just happened.

"Voight, maybe this isn't a good idea" the man said, shutting the door and turning towards the elder Sergeant

"Theodore, he needs you, we need you, your IT skills are incredible" Hank said, "Clearly the two of you have more history than I was first made aware of"

Back in the locker room, Erin had a shaking Halstead cuddled up to her chest, harsh breaths coming out of his mouth. Tears streaming down his face.

Not in anger. Not in pain. In remeberance for the memories he shared with the man who had just walked into the Intelligence Bull Pen.

"Talk to me Jay, you're my best friend" Erin soothed, gently rubbing her hands through the veterans short hair

"He served with me, for the exact same time as me, but he got off worse than I did, I have PTSD but he ... he lost his leg and got PTSD ... it was my fault he got hurt" Jay breathed out, sobs still racking his thin yet muscular body

"You need to talk to him, you can't let this hurt you" Erin soothed, looking up when she heard the door opening

"Sorry, Hank wants to see Jay" Kim whispered, smiling softly at the veteran who had helped her get her position in Intelligence

Erin gently kissed Jays head, having been there for him since he returned from the Army, the two had the strongest friendship seen. A few thought they were dating but those closest knew Erin didn't like men and Jay didn't go for women.

Walking back into the Bull Pen, Jay slowly walked into the office where his service pal stood, looking still as good as he did back when they served together.

"You two good to work together?" Hank asked, looking atvthe younger detective whos eye hadn't left the floor since he came in

"Yes Sarg" Jay whispered

"Yea of course" Theo said, eyes not leaving the fragile man, who had changed so much since he last saw him

"Ok, come on we have a case to make" Hank said still looking at the younger dectective in concern

The trio walked out of the office, Theodore standing next to Voight, while Jay made his way to his desk, hands anxiously grapsing each other.

The young dectective was always quieter than the rest, slightly more vulnerable and the rest of the team were protective of him. Especially Hank who had taken the man under his wing when his parents had died.