⁵⁵

It has been a few days after Chenle confessed to Jaerin and they officially became a couple. The two planned on pranking their friends in the sports club that Chenle had signed up a few days into the university, a perfect time for them to put up the act.

"See you in the club," Chenle pecked her cheeks as they walked down the streets, the boy picking up Jaerin a few door away from her house after the girl lied to her oblivious siblings that she had to arrive early in school for her unfinished work.

Jaerin squeezed his hand that was intertwined with hers, giving a peck on his cheeks as a return after Chenle bent down a bit for her.

"You will see me around still."

"But I couldn't talk to you until then."

Chenle pouted as he swung their hands, pulling Jaerin towards his chest and hugged her. Jaerin blushed, hitting his chest as a complain.

"Someone might see us."

"They won't, we are still a road away from the uni."

Chenle pecked her lips this time as soon as Jaerin glanced up at him, earning him a scrunched face from the girl as her eyes widened seconds later, cheeks burning. Her head buried into his chest again and whined, Chenle laughing at the new side of her shyness.

"You should head off first so the others won't see us and know we already met."

Chenle nudged Jaerin gently with his chin on top of her head, the girl snuggling into his warmth.

"Mm, you are warm."

"I know, but you are going to be late for the student council and Jaemin hyung is going to be suspicious."

Jaerin reluctantly let go of him, pouting when the warmth left her skin and waved him goodbye. The boy waited for a whole 20 minutes before walking over to the university, entering to campus to find Eunseok.

"Why are you smiling like that? So creepy."
Eunseok questioned and gave him an eyes when Chenle suspiciously grinned at him. Chenle slapped his shoulder, then let his arm flop around Eunseok, pulling the poor male with him.

"Nothing~ Do I need reasons?"

"You do you."

It was unfortunate that Jaerin and Chenle didn't have a single shared class, thus not able to see each other until lunch. However, they promised not to find one another for the sake of the prank to be successful. It was a torture to know that Chenle was there but Jaerin couldn't run to him and hug him as she wanted.

"Jaerin, are you okay? You have been out since the morning."

Winter questioned, having seen the girl looking too out of character and gloomy since the first class they had together.

Jaerin hummed slightly, avoiding eye contact with the rest of her friends as she played with her food, having no appetite to eat. Jaemin slapped her hand away, glaring at her for playing with her food but she have no attention to him.

"What's on your mind?"

Karina softly placed her hands on Jaerin's shoulder, the girl slumping a bit at the touch.

Jaerin sighed, her eyes watering slightly, alarming her friends.

"I missed him."

She could feel the rest stiffened at her words. Her plan worked out, but because she really do miss having Chenle beside her and eat with her during lunch, her feeling was real as a tear slipped.

"Jaerin..."

Jaemin engulfed her into a hug, soothing the girl's back as Jaerin leaned into him. The rest were having some intense staring, already knowing that Chenle transferred to their university and tried to avoid Jaerin bumping into him every time they walked in the campus.

"I lost him. He promised me not to blame himself but he still did, he moved away and I haven't found him yet."

Jaerin sighed, wiping away her tears. She could see from her peripheral vision that Chenle was watching them, a sad expression displayed after hearing her words.

He mouthed a sorry at her, to which Jaerin shook her head and glanced back at her brother.

"I'm fine, I'll be as energetic during the club meeting, don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

Jaemin concernedly scanned her as she nodded, and he let her be, watching out on her frequently.

Hellooo, another small chapter for you guys and this is almost ending :(

I'm going to be taking a small break away from writing until I finish my sem 1 exam, which is like the last week of April, and also for the test 2 this coming week. You know, the perks of taking 5 subjects 😅

Have a nice day and I will come back in May :)

See you soon and while I'm away, have fun reading other books (I know because I read other fanfics in Wattpad too hehe). Remember to come back again when I upload and maybe for the next book 👀, who knows 😏