⁴⁵

"Shit," a string of curses echoed in the dark room. The awake girl tried to move, but soon realized she was tied onto a chair with ropes.

She squinted her eyes, trying to make out her surroundings as her mind flashback to the evening.

"Fuck."
She let out, knowing she was kidnapped along with the other two. Wondering where they were, she quietly shifted her chair to a corner. Ears on the wall, trying to make out any sound from the other side.

She let her body slide down onto the chair as much as possible, her arms guiding to her belt and ripped out a small pocket knife.

"Good thing I decided to stuff this under my belt," she murmured, starting to scrape the rope that was around her hands.

The rope loosened after a few minutes, and the female cracked her neck, rubbing her sore wrist. She stayed silent, hearing faint footsteps stopping as the creak of a door resonated.

Quickly but silently, she undid the ropes on her ankles and collected it, grabbing the chair to the side of the door.

"My pin," she touched her head, pulling off a slim pin and shoved it into the keyhole, pushing it. After a few attempts, the lock finally gave in, and she quietly opened the door.

The dim light from one of the rooms shone through the cracks under the door, allowing her to scan the place. She slowly walked out, closing the door quietly as she carried the ropes on her shoulder.

The soreness shot through the entire body. Eyes heavy, she forced it open, sight blurry.

The smell of blood surging into her nostrils as soon as she inhaled forcefully made her puke, throat burning. The somewhat familiar yet not so familiar surroundings became clearer as she blinked away the dryness.

She recognized her surroundings, shaking as soon as she did. It was her nightmare, and it was happening again after so many years.

The sound of heels clicking on the floor sent shivers down her spine, knowing who was heading towards her room, the only room in this area. She shut her eyes tight, not wanting to see the face that gave her nightmares again.

"Why hasn't she woken up?"

She heard the female asking herself and kneeled beside her, looking for her pulse. She didn't budge, not wanting her to see through her façade.

"Hmm, I shall come back and check on you later, my little daughter."

The female snickered, leaving her alone on the cold floor and closed the door to the room. Darkness engulfed her again as she opened her eyes with caution, afraid that the woman was still there.

Jaerin forced herself to sit up, feeling liquid flowing out from her. She gained a few deep cuts, probably from her parents' new toys they used to torture her while she was unconscious.

The past memories surged into her brain, reminding her of everything she went through in the same room she was currently located. She curled up into a ball, her back on the wall as she hissed at the pain from the cuts, feeling dizziness spreading into her brain.

"I see you woke up," the devilish voice of her father rang through the empty room, and Jaerin's body shook in fear when she realized the man had entered while she was unaware of her surroundings. He harshly grabbed onto her arms and pulled her towards him, not caring if she was hurt or not.

"It's been a long time, isn't it? My precious daughter."

Jaerin was too weak to reply to him, losing too much blood from the cuts and the forceful pull from her father had caused more blood to flow out. She hissed quietly as her wound teared slightly at the pull, her eyes staring down at the floor to avoid having eye contact with the man.

"You never know how much we missed you. Missed that you are the perfect one for us to experiment our drugs on, the perfect one for us to test our new toys on. Do you know why we prepared this room for only you? Because you are the only one and fulfilled the requirements for our tests. Yet what? You ran away! We were so good to you and you didn't appreciate it?! You fucking bastard!"

The sound of the slap echoed in the room and into the corridor, leaving marks on the poor girl's cheek. Jaerin's body was limping in the man's hand, very close to giving up.

How pathetic that sounds.

"You are a disgrace to the family! If it wasn't your birth, we wouldn't have gone bankrupt and been dragged into this mess! We wouldn't have to be under Mr Zhong's control and threats for owing his company bills! You are the one that caused our family's downfall yet you couldn't appreciate the gift we gave you. You- mmh! Mmhhh!!!!"

The man was taped shut, tied with a rope and kicked down onto the floor, blinded with the fold and lastly slapped on his cheeks, all in a swift motion by someone. Without support, Jaerin's body dropped down onto the floor with a loud thud, the pain shot through her head at the impact.

"Jaerin, please stay with me. The police are coming. Please, stay with me."

Winter begged, carrying the girl in a bridal style with all her strength and kicked the man that was thrusting and tossing around on the ground, held back by the ropes out of her steps. She rushed out of the room, the police already running in all directions to check the basement. Winter signaled two of them to the room Jaerin was locked in that the man was there before dashing out of the house.

"Someone, there's people injured!"

Winter shouted, and two nurses and a doctor rushed to her, helping her place the almost pass out Jaerin onto the ambulance.

"Jaemin... Jae Eun..."

"Jaerin, they will be okay, all of them will be fine okay? Please, stay with us," Winter held onto her hand, pleading with the girl as Kun and Jaehyun jumped onto the vehicle right before the nurses shut the door close.

"Jaerin, please, be strong and stay for me."

"Don't close your eyes, Jaerin."

Jaerin smiled weakly at the three of them, feeling her eyes heavy and tired. She tried to fight against her eyelid, but it didn't work as she passed out at the callings of her name. 

Hi, I'm back with a chapter just in case y'all forgot this book T_T

College life is so stressful and with 4 subjects + a German language to study, my schedule is so pack
I hope I can still cope with it until I finished the AS exam then I might drop physics, it's so exhausting, damn