⁴⁸

Two months have passed normally for the friends and the siblings reunited together. Jaemin changed his surname to Na (because he thought it sounds pretty and could avoid their parents' illegal creditors finding them for money) after the incident and moved into Jaehyun's along with Jae Eun. The oldest male getting legal guardianships for the three.

Sungchan reunited with his parents, feeling awkward with them at first but was quick to accept them. Their parents had moved back to Korea so he wouldn't have to attend school overseas and could stick with his friends. Sungchan's parents had met Jaehyun and Jae Eun after they promised they wouldn't tell Jaehyun's father anything, catching up at a family dinner.

Yangyang and Shotaro were each being kept under Kun's and Taeyong's care after the two older males signed their legal guardianship. While Aerin returned to Japan with her parents after she bid goodbyes to all of them, promising to keep in touch.

Everything was back to normal.

"Jaerin, the principal called for you," the secretary that sat the nearest to the door of the student council room told the girl who was busy arranging her desk and retrieving her files from Chenle's desk since the boy had kept some of hers with him when she came back, claiming she should rest from all the events and he can complete it.

Jaerin placed down the files on her desk, thanking the secretary before exiting the room to the principal office. She was wondering why Chenle didn't attend school today, knowing that he wouldn't skip the first day of school in case he needed to have various meetings with teachers, the principal or the other club president to ensure all the departments were in good condition for a smooth semester.

Pondering on the way, she reached the office and knocked on the principal's door, earning a 'come in' from inside. Jaerin bowed to the principal and stood in front of his desk, waiting for him to speak.

"Jaerin," he called her, and Jaerin answered with a nod.

"I'm assuming you have received the news. Chenle moved out of Incheon to his new college for his senior year due to his personal reasons. I'm promoting you as a president and taking over Chenle in the student council and the sports house. You will have to discuss with your club whether or not you take over him. He said he trust you with his position."

Jaerin stood there, mouth agape. Shock was an understatement since the boy never hinted that he was leaving nor told her about it, at least from her perspective. She felt herself tearing up and immediately closed her eyes, not wanting the principal to see.

"Jaerin?"

"Y-yes sir, I will do my best."

"I'll tell your lecturers that you will skip today's classes to work on the stuff and get used to it first. You may leave, I support you, Jaerin." the principal smiled at her, which she gave him a force smile that she tried to make it look natural and bowed.

The moment she closed the door to the room, she sprinted back to the student council room, swinging the door open. Luckily no one was there, already left for classes and Karina had graduated from college, now in the same university as Jaehyun along with Giselle.

She rushed over to her desk, flipping through the files that should be hers that Chenle kept, finding nothing he left to tell her. She ran over to the boy's desk, now hers, fumbling through all the files and papers. Finding nothing from all of it, she slumped onto the chair, the chair that had his scent lingered.

"Why did no one tell me, why didn't he inform me," Jaerin cried into her hands. She reached into her pocket to grab her phone, dialing on his number. However, the line was dead, the robotic voice repeating that the number was no longer available.

She felt betrayed; betrayed that he didn't bother telling her before moving; betrayed that their past few months of little affections meant nothing to him.

"Where did you go?"

She broke down in the empty room, sobbing as she curled up between the walls and the cabinet that Chenle always used to keep his stuff in. She had found that spot extremely comforting and well hidden from the sight of the others in the room, her secret corner that Chenle accidentally found her when she has gotten into a fight with him and confronted her.

Jaerin found herself cleaning her desk after she calmed down, tears still streaming down her cheeks but she had to compose herself to pack her stuff and move to Chenle's desk. With everything arranged on the desk, she separated hers and Chenle's stuff so that she could go through his stuff later without messing it up.

She sat down on her chair, leaning backward as her teary eyes scanned the shelf of the remaining of Chenle's stuff. The keychain the Dreams gave him as a sign of friends forever, a small necklace as his jewelry and the small dolphin plushie they got from the funfair that he used to hang on his bag he brought to college every day were left there.

She spotted an envelope laid beside the dolphin and took it, unsure if she should open it since it was his belongings. Checking the envelope, she saw her name written in tiny font at the bottom right corner, now very sure that this was hers and ripped it open, wanting to know its contents.

Another sob left her lips, breaking down on her desk as she finished reading the letter.

Chenle... 

I'm sorry for the sudden sad plot after almost going on hiatus again hehe

I have been so busy these days with my country's exams and college studies

BUT! I had a camp and came back yesterday! It was so fun and we even went to the beach. The tide was low at first but just 4 minutes before we had to leave, the tide wasn't as dangerous and the facilitators let us jump in for a while (of course not going further than the water below knee level). It was the best free time we had and it was so funny as one of friends lost his balance and fell backwards, he was drenched when we return 🤣

I thought it was gonna be boring since I heard the previous two batches (I'm in this intake's 3rd batch) said that they were very strict and had too much sessions in hall

I'm going for my classes, hope you enjoy reading and also your day!