³⁰

Jaerin

Hello
I'm just texting to say sorry that I couldn't attend the ball last month
You might have a lot of work to do
I'm coming back to school, just leave mine on my desk
I can finish mine tomorrow
Umm, sorry
Bye
Seen

Chenle kept his phone into his pocket, sighing at the stacks of paper in front of him. He had to attend the ball without Jaerin at the end and ended up having to do double the work all alone.

A lot of the other college and university representatives were also there, asking him a lot of questions and made a lot of agreement to have some friendly matches or student exchanges between the schools. There was a lot that he had listed down in one of his files in case he forgot.

Now he has to update Jaerin everything about the sport houses, the clubs and the student council during her absence. He could feel the headache coming on his way, an image of Jaerin disagreeing with him popping out. Chenle shook his head at the thought, dismissing it and grab the papers, continuing on it.

Somehow, a text from Jaerin telling him sorry made him lose focus on his work, mind wandering back to what Jaemin had said the other day.

Do I really like her? It's my job to finish her work along with mine because she wasn't here for the past 2 months. I didn't make someone take over her work because it might make rumours, and I hate it when people start to assume she was kicked out and whoever is doing her work uses it against me and forces Jaerin to quit. Does that actually make me like her?

The thought troubled him until he left the student council room, now walking along with Jisung and Renjun as they shared the same class.

"What's on your mind? You have been off."

Noticing his best friend spacing out during their walk towards the lecture room, Jisung whispered to him, but he didn't do well in whispering as Renjun glanced over at the question, also waiting for Chenle's answer.

"Do I look like I like her?"

Chenle mindlessly whispered back, which the both caught on and grinned, knowing who he was referring to. Renjun patted his shoulder before entering the class as a 'good luck', while Jisung pulled him along to sit at the tables behind Renjun.

"Why would you suddenly ask?"

Chenle snapped out from his thoughts, embarrassed that Renjun and Jisung had heard his inner thoughts that he was debating himself.

"Do you feel like you have to protect her at all cost?"

Chenle nodded, what could go wrong in protecting the girl? She was currently in danger, both in college and from her parents.

"Do you feel like you lost interest in something if she's not the one doing it along with you?"

Chenle nodded again. It's not fun without watching the girl fuming when he joined the same activity, the girl looked cute every time she huffed in anger.

Renjun turned around from his seat, continuing what Jisung had left.
"Do you always feel like wanting to get to know her more and why is she acting like that towards you? The way she dislikes you to the core makes you want to make her change and start to like you? You want to spend time to know her? You feel jealous when other boys talked to her?"

"Yea..." Chenle shortly hummed, ignoring the last question Renjun questioned." But how does that define if I like her?"

"Oh honey, stop playing dumb."

Renjun sarcastically commented, flopping back onto his table when the lecturer almost caught them whispering at the back of the classroom.

Jisung nudged him, making him direct his attention to him again from the lecturer.

"You know, you have been giving her heart eyes whenever you spaced out and stared at her since last year, of course not when you teased her and watched her fume."

"No, I don't?" He retorted, sounding more like a question as he himself wasn't very sure of his feelings currently. Jisung shrugged at his denial, pointing towards a figure walking outside their classroom.

Chenle recognized her, the girl that had been messing with his mind for the past two months because he couldn't grip on what she was to him, and the boys telling him his obvious feelings.

"You are having heart eyes again, Chenle," Jisung pointed out to the older male, who snapped out and looked back down onto his book, flustered.

"Maybe I do have feelings for her."

He murmured to himself. 

A small update

Btw, the timeline is like a few days later for most of the chapters, so don't confused it with the previous chapter as if it connected to the next day for every chapter ya