¹¹

Jaerin's POV

"Should we go?" Her voice was shaky as she looked up at them, specifically the two.

"Jaerin..." Jaemin called. Unable to contain it anymore, he hugged the girl, embracing her in a tight hug as she buried her face in his chest, tears falling onto his neatly ironed clothes.

"J-Jaemin..." she cried. "I missed you. I missed you guys."

"We missed you too..."

She glanced up from his arms, another hand reaching out to the girl beside them. Immediately the girl joined them, hugging Jaerin tighter in their small group hug.

"Umm, the bell is going to ring anytime soon," an unfamiliar voice sounded beside Jaerin. Jaemin and her glanced up at him.

"Let's go," she said as she broke off from their arms and rubbed her tears away. The three followed her, with Jaemin holding onto her like glue, afraid that if he let go, she would slip out from his hands again.

"Jaehyun," the small voice called out as the girl barged in the house, locking the door and didn't even bother to arrange her shoes as she rushed in. She knew very well that Jaehyun didn't have school today and he couldn't visit his friends since the others had lessons.

She ran upstairs to his room, impatiently knocking on his door before barging in, not waiting for him to answer. The older looked up from his computer at the interruption, eyes landing on the girl.

"Weren't you supposed to be in school at this hour?" he pointed out as he settled down his headphones, standing up from his seat and approached her.

"Jaehyun..." the girl called out shakily, almost tripping on herself if it wasn't for Jaehyun there to steady her.

"Jaerin, Rin. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out," he slowly guided her to his bed and let her sit down, taking her bag off from her shoulders. He poured her a glass of water and let her finish drinking before confronting her. 

"What happened?"

"Jaehyun..." He pulled her into a hug as her tears fell onto his shirt, the older male softly caressing her hair. She gripped onto the end of the fabric of his clothes, feeling helpless and scared.

"Slowly, don't force yourself," he brushed her hair, adjusting a few strands.

"Jaehyun, I met him in school." she looked up at him, tears brimming at the side of her eyes.

Jaehyun's mind froze. Quickly snapping out from it when he felt Jaerin gripping his shirt tighter, he softly hugged her, letting her sob into his arms.

Taeyong hyung

Hyung, they are here

Who?

The Kang's

How did you know?
I thought they moved away when you came here with us?

They are back, Jaerin might have seen them

Is she with you? Right now?

Yeah, she fell asleep

I will be there soon

See you hyung

Seen at  1.53pm

"How is she?" Taeyong asked as soon as he entered Jaehyun's room, seeing the taller sitting beside Jaerin. The girl had fell asleep after calming down, the lack of sleep and the warmth of Jaehyun's arms luring her.

Jaehyun glanced up at him, signaling to the door and Taeyong nodded, exiting the room and waited for him. Jaehyun slowly adjusted the covers on the girl and switched off the lights, quietly closing the door.

"I think she saw them, or at least the kids that used to be locked up along with her," Jaehyun sighed as he went downstairs with Taeyong. Taeyong rubbed his chin, "Did she encounter them or did she see them far away?"

The taller one shook his head as he washed the dishes, drying his hands as he faced him. "She didn't tell me if she had met them, but she said she met Jaemin."

Taeyong fished out his phone, typing into it as they pondered in silence.

"For now, I'll ask Haechan to check on her in school? I think he already knows what happened from us." Taeyong asked and Jaehyun hesitantly nodded.

"And the girls are always with her, they can make sure she is safe too."

A small update, I'm trying to edit the story so it is at least smooth to read through

I may perhaps been stuck in the plot so... I'll try