³

"Are you not gonna greet me again?" the annoying voice of the younger rang in Jaerin's ears, forcing the already exhausted girl to pause on her tracks after walking away from the locker, wanting to avoid him as much as possible

The girl stood there for a moment in complete silence, staring at the floor, as if she was paralysed on spot. This made Chenle shuffled on his feet as he waited for the girl. He was about to speak when she snapped her head up to him and looked away.

He watched her walk away, a bit startled by her actions.

With one hand carrying the stack of books and another in his pocket fidgeting his ring, he silently followed the girl to their club room, entering it after the girl unlocked the door, not bothering to annoy the girl for the time being.

Jaerin laid her books on the desk, slumping onto her seat as her finger slid across the power button, pressing on it. The screen lit up, causing her to squint her eyes at the brightness.

"Whatever," she mumbled lazily and got up, grabbing her cup and trek towards the coffee machine, pressing a few buttons and refilled her cup with espresso.

Eyes glancing towards the clock that hung on the wall beside the entrance, she tiredly sighed, hoping Karina could arrive earlier so she could have a companion.

Plodding back to her seat, she rubbed her eyes and squinted at the screen, mumbling a few curses at her brother for waking her up at 3 in the morning just for her to cook ramyeon since he was hungry.

Chenle looked up from his computer at the sound of her yawning, rolling his eyes but had noticed that her eyebags seemed to be heavier. He pondered for a while and decided to stand up, moving across to her side.

"You need help?"

Jaerin jolted slightly at the voice behind her, quickly sat up straight as she turned around to face him. She instantly backed off in shock, her vision being blocked by his body and looked up at him, confused.

The male realized the distance between them and coughed, stepping backwards as he stared down at her.

"Do you need help?" he repeated, presuming that the girl didn't hear what he asked.

"No thanks," she swatted her hand, dismissing his question and turned back to her computer, feeling more awake at the thought of him possibly watching her being weary.

Chenle frowned, muttering a 'whatever' before walking back to his seat, continuing on his work.

"Jaerin, you should eat," Winter poked her side as she attempted to make the younger one wake up. The girl squirmed away from her, leaning towards the window, placing her head back on her crossed arms, closing her eyes.

"What's wrong with her?" Ningning quietly asked Karina.

The oldest shrugged.

"I don't know either."

Giselle glanced at the group of boys that called themselves Dream, frowning when she caught Chenle looking towards their table and landed on the girl he was looking for.

"Did Chenle do anything to her again?" Giselle asked.

Jaerin groaned at the question and turned her head away from their direction, ignoring them as she tried to catch some sleep.

The girls exchanged glances and changed the topic as they continued to eat, allowing Jaerin to rest before the class started.

Where is she? The boy wondered as his eyes skimmed the tables, finally seeing the group of girls but Jaerin nowhere to be found. His gaze lingered on that table, spotting the girl he was expecting to receive glares from sat there with her hood over her head, covering her face as she laid her head on the table.

He saw Giselle frowning at himself, most likely disapproving him for trying to annoy the girl. He turned back towards his friends, poking on his meat as he listened to his friends converse, not having any appetite to eat.

 He turned back towards his friends, poking on his meat as he listened to his friends converse, not having any appetite to eat

this is a slow update 😴

do you guys prefer longer or shorter chapter?

if anyone is reading this, i would like to thank you for reading and liking my story, i'll try to improve the chapters :)