⁵⁴

The both of them settled on the bench that was there for unknown reasons. Chenle had his hands wrapped around Jaerin's shoulder while the girl side hugged him like a koala as they watched the city.

"Jaerin," Chenle stared at the girl who was admiring the view from the rooftop, tears stained her cheeks as she didn't wipe it off. He reached his other free hand, rubbing off the tears that remained on her face and later pinched her squishy cheeks.

Jaerin slapped away his hand, glaring up at him with her red eyes and the boy chuckled. He ruffled her hair, making it messier than it already was.

"I know you wouldn't blame me, but I feel guilty to know my parents hurt you, traumatised you, and I could have had the chance to prevent you from hurting."

Chenle confessed, tearing his gaze away from the eyes he always thought was alluring. Jaerin continued to stare at him, which he gulped, suddenly nervous about her reaction.

"Chenle... you know I said I don't blame you, and I meant it. You can't stop them if you didn't know what was happening during the time, and I really appreciate that you took the courage to report them, but please, don't disappear like that again only with a letter left."

Chenle bobbed his head, his lips tugged as he glanced back down at the small figure, who had her head laid on his shoulder as she side hugged him. Maybe he should forgive himself and start over again, maybe his parents and the Kangs' wouldn't hurt them anymore after being sentenced to 20 years of jail.

"I won't, if you insist."

Jaerin beamed at his reply, satisfied. Chenle sneaked a peck on her cheeks, earning a weird noise from her as she stared at him with wide-eyes, taken aback by his bold actions.

"Eh?!"

"Sorry, you look so cute that I can't hold it anymore."

Hearing that, Jaerin's cheeks reddened and she glanced away from him while he chuckled at her flustered state. Chenle took one of his fingers to her chin, turning her head so that she faced him again and he cupped her face.

"What?"

Jaerin tried to toughen up against him, but knew she wouldn't stay long before leaning into his hands.

Chenle lovingly stared at her, taking in her features.

"You look so beautiful." He complimented.

"Don't try to stray away from the topic," Jaerin mumbled.

"Mm," Chenle didn't take her words to his mind, still admiring the girl in front of her. If he were to blame, he would blame that the genes really run in her family and that he was in awe of her perfect features, but that would be a sensitive topic to mention.

"I love you, and I still do."

He confessed as he pressed his forehead on Jaerin's, the girl closing her eyes involuntarily at the feeling of something near her face. The girl hummed softly.

Jaerin glanced into his eyes, seeing the way he stared at her. Her heart couldn't help but to skip a beat, her mind clouded as the emotions surged into her once again. She averted her eyes to her hands that were on her thighs as she remained silent.

Chenle took that as a rejection towards his confession. Although he felt a slight sadness, he couldn't blame her. After all, he hurt her feelings. He removed his hand from her chin and pulled her into his embrace, patting her back as he sighed.

"I don't mind waiting, Jaerin, as long as I have a chance."

Jaerin looked out to the view on the rooftop, staying quiet until Chenle pulled away, looking down at her in worry since the girl wasn't moving nor talking.

"Are you okay? You seemed out of your mind."

"I don't know," Jaerin blurted out. Chenle noticed her slight uneasiness and sooth her arms.

"It's fine Jaerin. I know it is very sudden, I didn't expect to see you again too, but I guess fate led us here. I understand if you reject me."

Jaerin covered her face with her hands, rubbing slightly to hide her blush.

Chenle smiled when she looked at him through her fingers.

"As long as you are comfortable Jaerin. I understand if you aren't ready, or you haven't thought about it, but I'll wait. I'll wait until you return my feelings."

"Hmm, how are you sure I haven't thought about it?"

"I just didn't want to rush you, especially after disappearing for two years."

"So you know it's been two years."

"Hey! That's not my point."

"And you want me to forgive you."

" I thought you said you did? Jaerin! I'm hurt."

Jaerin giggled after knowing she got him riled up into the small banter, opening her eyes to stare at him who was now a few inches away from her face.

"I love you too."

Chenle smiled happily at her, pulling her into a small kiss after he got a nod from Jaerin. Both feeling each other's soft lips against their own before pulling away.

"Your lips are so soft."

Jaerin smacked his arms, blushing at his statement that he blurted out right after they separated.

"Pervert."

"Hmm, not when you kissed me for the second time already."

"You stole my first kiss without my permission!"

"That was by accident! I didn't see it coming either!"

"Still!"

"Hey, that was my first kiss too!"

The two started arguing again with small smiles on their faces, knowing that they didn't mind giving their first kisses to each other after realising their feelings, now relieved that they had each other.

"So, Jaerin, would I have the honour to be your boyfriend?"

Chenle asked when they went silent after a playful argument, staring into her soul as she did the same.

Jaerin nodded, the smile not leaving her face as she copied Chenle's action, cupping his face lovingly.

"I would love to." 

omg, I got around 57 notifications for this story thanks to someone voting! THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT MEANT A LOT TO ME!! AND I'M REALLY THANKFUL FOR ALL THE READERS READING THIS 🥰🥰🥰

Btw, I'm too eager to make them officially a couple so here we go ehhehehe. Forgive me if there's some funny mistakes as I haven't proofread it yet, was rushing my homework before I came back with this chapter 😅

Have a nice week ahead!