⁵⁰

Two years later

"Who gave you guys the permission to party at my house?!"

Taeyong, who had just returned from his work realized the situation in his newly bought bungalow, yelled through the music that was being played loudly through his Bluetooth speakers. Behind him followed Doyoung, who was temporarily staying at Taeyong's house since one of his patients lived around the area.

Fortunately, Taeyong's house was quite huge to accommodate all of them and it is further from the city and the neighbouring houses, thus no complaints from his neighbours.

"Ask Johnny!" Jaerin shouted loud enough to Taeyong as she sat in his dining room, the only place that wasn't full of people, the music drowning out their conversations.

"Why are Kun's children and Haechan's friends here too?"

"Johnny made Ten and Jisung invite their friends over, I don't know how Shotaro and Sungchan were dragged in here too."

"He will be cleaning this mess he made," Taeyong grumbled. He turned towards the girl, watching her look around uninterested. Nudging her slightly, the girl gave him a questioningly hum as she glanced back at him.

"Why don't you play with them? And where are your siblings?"

Jaerin shook her head, drowning a cup of alcohol placed in front of her as the liquid burned her throat, causing her to cough uncontrollably.

"Jaehyun is playing ball pong, Jae Eun is at home, Jaemin is...there."

Taeyong patted her back when she pointed at her brother who was at the couch with the Dreams, passing her another glass filled with water instead. "You shouldn't be drinking, Jaerin."

"Rin, you aren't supposed to drink!" Jaemin exclaimed when he spotted her by the stool on the counter, swaying slightly as she tried to sit properly on her seat with Taeyong's help. The girl waved him off when he hurried over, hand reaching for another glass of any alcohol she could grab in front of her to drown it down before the two could stop her.

"No! I can drink a few glasses!"

Jaerin protested, clearly drunk as she had already had a few shots before Taeyong and Jaemin came to her side.

Jaemin groaned, now he has to move her sister somewhere comfortable before she passes out. Taeyong helped him guide the drunk girl to one of the rooms, key in the code and entered with some struggles as the girl stumbled a few times.

The girl's soft murmurings in her drunk state were inaudible to them, but she was repeating a few sentences again and again. Taeyong sighed at the sight of Jaerin sprawled across the bed, he had never seen her being this drunk. The other times they would have some alcohol nights, the girl was always as sober as Jaehyun and Johnny, barely drunk and no reddened cheeks.

"Why did you have to leave?"

"Please, don't leave."

Both the males caught the incoherent words that slurred out from the girl's lips, thinking that she had fallen asleep and was sleep talking. They slowly closed the door to the room, only to stop abruptly the next second, their heart breaking at what had come out from Jaerin's mouth.

"Chenle..."

The girl woke up the next day with a bad headache, as if her head was harshly hit onto a hard rock. She groaned, tossing around the bed and groggily opened her eyes, seeing the familiar surroundings.

"You are awake," Taeyong's head poked in as she glanced over to the door.

"Wash up and come out for breakfast. You are going to be late for school. Doyoung's fetching you and Jaemin."

Jaerin simply hummed, burying her head into the cover for a moment and got up after to make herself presentable. She has some clothes Taeyong gifted her in his house in case she came over for a sleepover, and she was grateful for that.

"Morning."

Doyoung and Jaemin were already at the table by the time she sat down. Taeyong served her his homemade pasta, which she thanked him and complimented him for.

"Be good in your uni, have fun!"

Taeyong watched them enter Doyoung's car, the two siblings waving at him with a thumbs up as Doyoung drove out of his bungalow after waving at the older male.

Taeyong sighed lightly, "I hope she doesn't remember what she said yesterday."

Guys, do you want it to continue a bit more or should I start to find a way to end it in a few chapters. I felt like the ending here was a bit rushing but at the same time the draft gave me around more chapter worth of plot to write before it ends

 I need suggestions whether it sounded like I'm rushing to close the story or 'it's alright, stop rambling now' type of vibes

Saying hi to my readers and have a great day! Imma hit the pillow right now