¹⁰

"Vice president," Chenle called out in front of the class from the door. Class hasn't started, allowing the older boy to barge into another class. The student in the class glanced up as well as Winter and Jaerin from their phones, the younger's eyebrows furrowed at his sudden appearance.

"What do you need?" Jaerin asked, not bothering if the others were staring at them.

The group at the end corner that loves to seek the boy's attention glared at her, throwing a few dirty comments at her. Eyes bored into theirs, Winter warningly glared back at them.

"Work," was all he said and left. The girl scoffed at his behaviour, turning around to Winter as the older looked at her.

"Do you want me to follow? Or should I call Karina?" Winter asked worriedly.

Jaerin shook her head, "I will be fine, help me hand in my homework." She passed her books to her.

"I'll lend you my notes later."

Jaerin nodded, carrying the rest of the books and went out of the classroom. She saw Chenle waiting a few distance away, and she followed him.

"There's a few transferred students here, I'll be in charge of this group and you will help the other," he informed her as they walked to the principal's room.

Chenle knocked on the door, opening after hearing the principal asking them to enter. The two entered, facing a few new faces that were looking at the principal for instructions.

Jaerin felt as if her world stopped for a moment as she recognised the two familiar faces in front of her. Blinking her eyes after she snapped out, she gazed down onto the tile, trying to stop her tears that were threatening to fall.

There were a total of 6 students standing in front of their principal as the elder smiled at all of them and glanced at the two that had entered. He motioned for the two to sit alongside the six.

"Jaerin? What are you standing there for? Come in and sit," their principal said, snapping her out of her thoughts and two of the new students snapped their heads towards her as soon as the name left the elder's mouth.

"Jaerin..." one called out softly, voice guilty and on the verge of crying, but with relief at the same time. The other pulled his sleeves, as she glanced sadly at the girl that had sat down at the other end of the couch with her head lowered.

"So, we have six new students this year, and I hope Chenle and Jaerin," he paused as he looked at the two, "you two can guide them around and help them fit in."

The two nodded, Jaerin still with her eyes casted down on the floor.

"You guys are dismissed," the principal said as he smiled at them. Chenle stood up and invited the students out, while Jaerin waited until the last person to exit and followed behind.

"You will help Jaemin, Jae Eun and Sungchan. I'll take charge for the other three," Chenle informed as Jaerin hesitantly nodded. He handed her three folders containing their information and both went to collect the new students' keys and timetables.

Jaerin kept quiet the entire time as they returned from the council room, eyes casted down at the tiles as she found it more interesting than the others.

"Anything wrong?" The boy noticed her strange behaviour. Jaerin met his gaze, shaking her head, looking away while Chenle furrowed his brows but didn't say anything further.

The boy gestured to the other three as they walked away, leaving Jaerin with the three. She turned around to face them.

The boy glanced back from his shoulder as he walked further away from the office. He watched as Jaerin hugged the new male student, a pang hit his heart at the scene. Do they know each other? Are they a couple?

Shaking his head at his ridiculous thought, he continued showing the three students around. However, no matter how he tried to distract himself, the scene still occupied his mind for the rest of the day.

He realised she wasn't there during break nor did she attend the classes they shared for the rest of the day. Instead her friend sat alone at their usual spot, and he saw Karina chatting with one of the transfer students he remembered that had hugged Jaerin. 

His mind wandered deeper, not able to pay attention for the rest of his classes. 

Another update, hope you guys like it