²⁸

The male caught up with the younger boy, grabbing his wrist to stop him from walking further. Chenle almost wave a punch towards Jaemin by reflex, too tired to think properly if it wasn't for the older male to dodge his attack, calling his name later.

"Jaemin hyung? What do you need?"

Chenle blinked to see Jaemin holding his wrist, and the older male brought him to the student council room, motioning him to sit down first. He then brought out a cartoon of milk and a bread on Chenle's desk.

"I know you don't want to visit Jaerin with us, but can you at least eat something? You have been losing weight the past two months, and you have a very dark eye bags."

Jaemin pointed out sternly. Chenle didn't reply anything and looked away from his stare, the older one sighing at him.

"You know, I found out you were the neighbour kid we used to play with," Jaemin mumbled, loud enough for Chenle to hear. The boy didn't budge as he had forgotten most of his childhood memories other than a hazy image of visiting the park to play with the same siblings every day.

"At that time, you and Jaerin were very close and used to go against me for every prank you guys did. I don't know what happened after we got separated and Jaerin lost her memory, then escaped from father, now with her ending up hating you for whatever reasons she has. But please, Chenle, I took you as my brother, I'm worried."

Chenle shuffled his feet, feeling guilty for worrying the older male.

"Sorry hyung, I just don't want the others to pressure me to visit her. It felt wrong knowing we are enemies."

Jaemin softly smiled at him as the younger boy grabbed the bread and started to eat. He finished the food in a few minutes, sighing in relief when he felt his stomach being filled with some food to digest. 

He hadn't gotten a proper meal ever since he have to complete both his and Jaerin's work, especially learning thoroughly what Jaerin was in charge of before he realized the girl was actually doing more task behind the scenes than he thought she needed to work on. A lot more work than his given that he was the president.

"Why didn't you want to visit Jaerin though, I'm curious."

Jaemin asked as Chenle took the milk into his hands, slipping on it mindlessly. He again ignored Jaemin's question, leaving the male to guess whatever he had in mind.

"Is it because you like her?"

The poor boy choked on his milk at the answer Jaemin provided as an opinion, accidentally spitting it out and Jaemin handed him some tissue. Chenle thanked him, wiping off his desk and his shirt before throwing the rubbish into the bin.

"What?"

"Do you like her?"

"No!" Chenle exclaimed, a hand softly facepalming.

"I don't like her as in wanting to be in a relationship with her. I just didn't understand why she hated me so much, so I just went along with her."

"Well, just so you know, you secretly told me you wanted to marry her when we were young."

Jaemin teased and was quick to dodge Chenle's slap on his arm as he grinned.

"I don't even remember my childhood anymore, that maybe was just because I was young and immature," Chenle huffed, and Jaemin noticed a slight redness appearing on the boy's cheeks. He smirked, not teasing him further as he stood up from Chenle's desk and walked towards the door.

"Anyways, I'll get going. Get some rest, don't overwork yourself."

Chenle waved him away, still slightly flustered although he tried his best to not show it. He let out a breath when Jaemin exited the room fully and closed the door, his heart beating fast.

Do I like her? Chenle shook his head. What are you thinking, she sees you as her sworn enemy. You don't like her.

Another update first because it kind of link to the previous chapter 
I might be able to update another one later depends on my schedule today

Have a nice day!