¹³

"Jaerin," Jaemin called as he saw her walking past his table. Jaerin spotted him, giving him a smile. Seeing him sit with Chenle and the rest of the Dreams, she gave the specific boy a cold look before looking back at Jaemin.

"Can we talk?" Jaemin asked as he met her eyes.

She nodded, turning around to leave her food at her table and waited for Jaemin after informing her friends.

Both of them walked towards the exit of the cafeteria, earning a few questioning glances from the students as well as the Dream's table. Chenle ignored them, finished his food and went out without a word.

"Rin," Jaemin called her as they peered over the rooftop to look at the city. The girl hummed, turning her attention towards him.

"They...are still trying to locate you," he breathed out as he stared at the sky, not wanting to see her reaction.

Jaerin froze. She never thought her parents would want to find her after she left that night.

"Where's everyone?" in a small voice she asked. She hoped no one was dead by now, they don't deserve it, she was the one that should bear the pain for those innocent ones.

"The six of us, new students, are the remaining ones," Jaemin softly replied. "They are still kidnapping younger ones. The other older ones had managed to escape or..."

He didn't continue, he couldn't get himself to continue his sentence. The voice stuck in his throat at the thought.

They knew very well the others didn't deserve this, they were forced into this.

Jaerin knew what he was implying, she lowered her head to look at the city that was moving in peace, but she could only feel lonely and darkness surrounding her. "Is there a way out?"

They knew very well there isn't a way out of the situation, but they still want to have hope. Hope that someone can save them.

"Rin," he turned her around so the she was facing him, softly cupped her face, making her look up at him.

"I'm sorry."

He pulled her into a hug, as Jaerin returned it. "I shouldn't have let you wander outside for so long. I should have tried to escape to find you, but they locked me up. They locked us up, all of us."

"I'm safe, Jaem, I'm safe. Jaehyun brought me in, you should meet him one day. But you and the others..."

"I know, I can see that you are in safe hands but if they see you around this campus, you are in danger too." He said as he tightened the hug.
"The others and I will survive through this, trust me."

"Can we report them?" she asked, wanting this to end as soon as possible. Jaemin shook his head.

"As well as I wanted to since I can step out of that place now, we can't. The youngsters in there will be innocently tortured before they flee to another place to hide."

Jaerin gripped onto his clothes at his words, feeling her heart stung in pain at the thought of more kids going through the same thing they did since young. "Please, please, stay safe, protect the kids."

"I will, I promise."

The two stayed in the hug in each other's embrace, not wanting to let go. They only separate when the bell rang, signaling for their classes.

The boy behind the door watched them converse, but he couldn't make out what they were talking about. He watched as the male cupped the Jaerin's face, feeling yet another familiar pang at his heart at the sight. Shaking his head, he quickly walked away, mind full of questions at the mix of emotions he felt.

Hello, another short update

I had just finished baking some new year cookies with my grandmother and it's almost dinner time. This chapter was edited while I was relaxing before being called to eat :)