⁴⁶

The eight boys were sitting on the benches in front of the emergency room, waiting for the lights to go off. It was currently six in the morning, the other friends having heard of the news had requested them to report their safety in the group chat after they come out from the surgery, not having the chance to rush to the hospital due to school and Taeil has to work.

Winter was brought to another room for check up in case she was injured. The rest of the kids that were kidnapped were being taken care of by the nurses, the severe ones were brought to the emergency rooms in the other block since the current block's were full. Yangyang sat with Kun, already treated and prescribed some medicine and was told to drop by every week for check ups.

Most of the kids' parents had come to the police station to claim their children after seeing the news, now signing papers and some filed a lawsuit on the Kangs and the Zhongs while the hospital took care of the kids. The only ones left were Yangyang, Shotaro, Sungchan and Jae Eun without their parents or legal guardians coming to the station to reunite with them.

"My parents were killed by the Zhongs'," Yangyang monotonously said, sensing that Kun was about to ask him the question.

"Shotaro was with me at that time, my family adopted him after his parents passed away in a car accident."

Taeyong looked over to Jaehyun, who was resting his face in between his palms, fighting his tears back. He patted the younger male, assuring him that all of them will be fine.

"What would you do about Jae Eun's guardianship?"

Doyoung softly asked the male, knowing that he and his parents weren't on good terms since they divorced. His parents would argue even when they were the ones that wanted a meet up together with Jaehyun, and sometimes turned violent on him.

"I'm planning on taking her under my care so my parents won't hurt her. Sungchan's parents are still trying to find him, but they live overseas, so I'm planning to call them soon."

"I'm sure your uncle will be glad to hear from you and Sungchan."

The door to the emergency room opened as Doyoung's voice halted, immediately rushing to the doctors standing there with the rest following.

"How are they?"

"Patient Jaemin and Jae Eun are fine now, patient Jaerin..."

The doctor paused and flipped through the files on his hands, showing them the picture of severe cuts around her body.

"There's extreme abuse on her compared to the other two, but we managed to stop the bleeding and she would have to stay here for further check up. She will be awake in four or five days, don't worry."

"Thank you, doctor."

The rest of the boys sighed in relief at the news, waiting for the three in the emergency room to be pushed out into their patient room. The doctor had helped them get a room that could fit six people, including another three of the kids from the other emergency room. The boys spread out beside Jaemin, Jaerin and Jae Eun's bed so they wouldn't crammed together, and Winter sat beside Jaerin's bed, having finished her check up.

The other three kids and their parents were already in the room, greeting the boys and exchanging a few conversations, having known that Jaemin and Jaerin were also a victim of their own parents.

"I'm glad that they didn't support the actions of their parents," one of the adults spoke softly to not wake the children that had slept after waking up from their surgery. The rest nodded, agreeing with her.

"I heard from my child that they protected them when they were in that hell hole place, even if it meant sacrificing themselves."

"We sued their parents, I'm sorry but that's the only way to protect them and the rest of the kids. The police are in search of the Zhongs."

The other man said, feeling pity for the two siblings.

"We and the other parents had discussed and decided to pay for their medical needs, so you all don't have to worry. I'm sure all of you are still schooling, so you all have limited money to afford. This would be our small thanks to the three of them for protecting the rest."

The group of friends thanked them and the adults left them to talk amongst themselves while waiting for the three to wake up.

Hi, I'm just back with another chapter and it will be another full schedule for me next week.
I'm going to have tons of tests for my college and I have been sleeping 5 hours every day 😭

I need to get use to it and study ahead just so I won't have to cram all into one night and become a night owl too soon. My brain always shut down every time it hits 9 o'clock when there's still math homework to be done with

Anyways, have a nice reading and pray for my tests T_T