³⁴

Jaerin and Chenle entered the compound one after another early in the morning to start off at the council room. Upon seeing each other at their lockers, they greeted awkwardly. Well, mostly Jaerin because she wasn't used to this and after yesterday's event, the boy had seen her in her most vulnerable state she didn't want anyone to see.

The whole time the two of them stayed alone in the room were silent, each doing their own stuff as Jaerin tried to avoid starting a conversation whenever she could. Chenle could sense that she was not used to it but was trying to change. He smiled at the girl's figure, who was burying her head into her arms to get some extra sleep before the rest of the members filled the room.

Karina noticed however, that Jaerin was trying to avoid talking to Chenle if she could and when she did talk, she didn't snap at him or come back in frustration like she usually did. Instead, the girl had slightly pink cheeks and was feeling embarrassed every time.

"What's up with you and Chenle."

After the bell rang, signalling that they can log off from the council and start preparing for their classes, Karina stood beside the door, waiting for Jaerin to lock it. Jaerin glanced over at the boy who was walking towards the other side of the building, some of his fangirls squealing when he boringly looked over.

"I...he..." Jaerin sighed.

"He found me breaking down in the stadium's store room and prevented me from getting into an anxiety attack. I let him ask a favour from me as a thank you, and he requested to start over as friends."

Karina smiled, patting her shoulder as an encouragement. Jaerin sighed, groaning at the thought of her looking so pathetic yesterday in front of the boy.

"It's a great start, I know you can overcome it and truly be friends with him. Though I'm surprised you gave in so easily."

"I wasn't in my right mind," Jaerin defended, giving her a pout Karina shook her head at her, unconvinced by her excuse.

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Calm down, Ningning." Karina pulled the youngest girl away from the overwhelmed girl. As the oldest, she had explained to the group, seeing that Jaerin was having trouble expressing it out loud to them. The other three were shocked to hear it, but Ningning was just over exaggerating her shock, which caused the students in the cafeteria to stare at them.

Ningning apologised, sitting down after the eyes shifted their attention away from them. Jaerin was dying in embarrassment since half of the Dreams were right next to them, hearing the whole conversation and were grinning at each other, much to her displeasure.

Luckily for her, Chenle had to find Mrs Lin after Jaerin forced him to talk to the teacher because he said the girl had claimed that 'Mrs Lin hates me so much like how I did hate you, and you are her favourite student in this whole school'.

"Ningning, I love you but this is embarrassing," Jaerin covered her face in her palms as Winter patted her with a smile on her face.

"Sorry, I thought you hated him to guts, and I quote 'if I ever befriend him, I'll shove a pack of strawberries into my throat'."

"I did! I wasn't in my right mind!"

"What wasn't in your right mind?"

Chenle spoke behind her, his hands holding his tray of lunch with Jaemin and Jisung following suit, settling down at the empty spaces left beside Jeno and in between Haechan and Renjun. The only seat left for Chenle was beside Jaerin, as Jaemin winked at her and Jisung smiled innocently.

Hearing his voice made her jump slightly as she turned to see Chenle sitting beside her. She looked away, a bit guilty that he heard the conversation.

"Nothing."

"So, are you going to finish your deal in eating a packet of strawberries?"

Giselle raised her concern as they knew she hated strawberries to her guts. They once accidentally gave her a slice of strawberry when they were new to college and getting to know each other, the girl had puked her lunch out during the entire lunch time in the toilet.

"Eww, strawberries."

Jaemin shuddered at the thought of the flavour, and Jaerin weakly gave him a high-five.

"I cannot back up from my words, can I?"

They had physics lab class yesterday so it was still fine. I wonder how it is for theory classes
I'm going to school late since my first lesson hasn't start so another update up