¹⁷

“Didn’t I warn you?”

The same voice Jaerin encountered a few days ago reached her ears as she detected a few pairs of footsteps paused behind her. She sighed, already exhausted and wasn't in the mood to deal with another drama that involves her into it.

She continued to wait, ignoring the person as she scrolled through her phone, waiting for her friends.

“I’m talking to you,” a hand snatched her device out of hers, making her groan and roll her eyes. Finally giving the shorter her attention, she noticed the group of girls in her class surrounding her, blocking every possible way she could walk away.

“Yeah, I’m listening, can you give me back my phone?” She replied nonchalantly, gazing up at her.

“Not until you show your respect and quit the vice positions.”

Jaerin gave her a blank smile, “Why would I do that?”
“Because we said so,” one of the girls spat at her. She wiped her cheek, throwing the tissue away as she stood up from her seat, making the girls back away at the sudden movements.

“If you would excuse me and give me back my phone,” as polite as possible, Jaerin asked them as she stared down at them.

“Quin, give her back the phone,” one of the girls Jaerin remembered her name, Miri, said behind them, cowering when another smacked her head.

The girl, now known as Quin, flung the phone around her hands as she examined it. “See, our poor vice, even her phone is Android, a 2014 version. Look, she can't even afford good clothes.”

The rest snickered at her words as she gripped Jaerin's sleeves with her finger, Quin smirked at her.
“I should say, this phone is so old, it shouldn’t be allowed in this school, don't you think so?”

The phone crashed onto the floor as soon as her words ended. They laughed as the device screen cracked, the pieces shattering around the floor.

Jaerin glared at them, making Quin laugh louder, slamming her heels into the screen as it emitted a cry of crack.

"What's so funny?" a male's voice rang behind the group as the girls momentarily froze, turning around as they were met with a glowering Jaemin.

"J-Jaemin Oppa," Quin stuttered. "She broke my phone." She pointed at Jaerin as the said girl raised her brows at her, smirking while the rest of them side-eyed her in irritation.

"Jaemin Oppa~ She threw Quin's phone on the floor," one of them continued to back up on the girl, not noticing another male picking up the pieces as he examined it.

"I remember you have an IPhone 12, not an Android," the familiar voice sounded as they glanced down at the boy that was collecting the device.

The rest of the girl gasped as the boy stood up, holding the broken device as his palms showed a cut of crimson red that forced Jaerin to glanced away while Jaemin glanced at her in alert.

"Chenle Opp-”

“Don’t call me oppa, I’m younger than you.” He fixed his eyes with a few of them as they shutted their mouths, pouting.

“Chenle Oppa~” Quin whined as he stepped aside when the girl was about to grip onto his sleeves. “She bullied me.”

“Did you, Jaerin?” he inquired, looking at the said girl and she tilted her head at him.

“Do you think I did?” she shooted back, tone seemingly wanting to pick a fight.

“Jaerin.”

She glanced at Jaemin, seeing him shaking his head. The boy pulled her beside him, blocking her behind his figure as the girls glared at her.

“Jaemin Oppa, why are you siding with the useless slut? She doesn’t deserve to be with you.”

“Chenle, let’s go,” Jaemin ignored them, slinging an arm protectively around Jaerin. Chenle nodded, following them out of the class at the other side of Jaerin in case the girls would grab her back.

Jaemin turned back to them when they tried to snap at Jaerin as she glanced back at them with a smirk. Of course, not minding Jaerin's, he gave them a death glare, making them cower. "And she's not a slut. Don't you dare call her that again."

“You should be careful Rin, why didn’t you tell me they are bullying you?”

They strolled down the corridors, following Chenle to the council room as Jaemin started nagging at the girl.
She shrugged. “I’ll just repair my phone myself at home.”

Chenle cut her off, scanning the device on his palms and shoved it into a plastic bag then into his bag, preventing the girl from taking it. “No, it’s dangerous. I’ll return it to you tomorrow.”

“Whatever.”

Huuuu, my voice is hoarse from jamming to NCT songs 😂