³¹

"You know Jaerin, you should actually try to stop hating on him and get to know him more. Maybe that way you can find out his true personality instead of the 'he is always taking first place without working his way' thoughts."

Jaerin groaned at her brother's words, the boy was currently sitting on Karina's chair, sliding it beside Jaerin after the older girl left and allowed him to take her seat. 

The younger one of the siblings had to work her way through all the files and process the information of the past two months and 2 weeks. Luckily for her, Chenle had already summarized it for her and gave her a list to refer to whenever she felt lost, which she thought was unusual of him to do so but waved it off.

"For the millionth time, stop bringing him up when I am clearly stressing on other things, that topic can be discuss later."

Jaerin glared at her brother, shoving his chair aside so that he wasn't blocking her way to get the files arranged beside her computer but not too hard to make him topple over from his seat.

Jaemin hummed, unconvinced as he grabbed one of the files she was using only to get smacked on his arms, the file being snatched back and placed in front of her.

"I bet you have been telling the others this same excuse, but no, it won't work on me. By the time you could discuss about this topic and have a proper chat with Chenle, you guys are old and weak on bed."

As exaggerating as it sounded, with the looks of how Jaerin was already too busy to spend enough time with Jaemin and who knows how much more busier she could be when she went to work, his statement may be possible.

"And I plan to go with that."

Jaemin sighed, not knowing how to convince her to confront the situation between her and Chenle, with the latter now confirming himself that he likes her and she was so oblivious about it. He only hope that when Jaerin found out Chenle's feelings, she wouldn't hurt him unintentionally, seeing that Chenle used to be their childhood bestfriend and the male used to claim that he wanted to marry her when they were young. After all, he didn't want to lose either of his sister or his friend.

Jaerin had managed to survive until the end of school after Jaemin constantly pestered her and tried to convince the girl every chance he had; during break, during lunch, during their shared period, or during their sports practice for the sports day that was on Saturday in one week's time. Fortunately, Jaemin had to rush home so that their parents wouldn't be suspicious.

They don't really like to call them their parents but legally Jaemin's guardianship is still under their biological parents and Jaerin's guardianship was signed by Jaehyun. However, there was still a high chance that the Kangs will get her back if they didn't have proper evidence to sue them for hurting the girl.

Jaerin was left alone to walk back home, since the rest of the boys were busy that day and some couldn't even stay back for practice for various reasons, and the girls still have to continue their practice, taking another event Jaerin didn't want to participate - javelin. The way the stick was shaped and the way they have to aim and throw gave her some flashbacks, which the girls insisted that she don't have to join them after realizing her fear for it.

She glanced up at the sky, seeing that the clouds were heavy, indicating it was about to rain. She didn't bring her umbrella with her today since she checked on the weather forecast and was told that it will be windy or sunny. Jaerin sighed, pulling her right foot out and was about to walk when she saw from her peripheral vision a black suit with a black mask covering the person's face was hiding at the corner of the college wall, outside of the compound.

Her breath hitched and her steps halted, recognizing the man. The man was watching the gates, scanning the compound to see their target. Jaerin could confirm he was finding her when he landed his eyes on her, his lips forming a smirk under his mask. Jaerin panicked, seeing that the man was striding towards the gate and the guard that was usually on stand in front of the compound was nowhere to be seen.

She took a ran back inside the college, fleeing through the halls not caring if she accidentally ran into some students that were roaming around. The students that were in the hallways were baffled at her sudden actions but didn't make a comment when they noticed Chenle coming out from one of the sideways. Some gasped at what happened, and some frowned.

The girl wasn't watching where she was going at this point, her head fuzzy of the thought 'I have to run and hide'. Thus, when Chenle came walking into the hallways from the corner, Jaerin had bumped into him harshly. The hard impact caused the both of them to fell with Chenle's arms around her to avoid her hitting the floor right on her head.

"Jaerin?"

The girl flinched when he called out to her. Chenle groaned a little in pain, but didn't move as he could feel Jaerin tensing up, struggling to move away from him. The moment he let go of her waist, she scrambled and ran towards where he came from, leaving him lying on the floor in bewilderment and worry.

"Sorry for the commotion," he apologized to the students that were watching. The students returned back to their business, and Chenle sighed in relief that no one bothered to make snarky remarks on the girl.

Seeing that he doesn't have any activities until the time he has to go to Kun's for dinner and sleepover at the older male's house since he was still on bad terms with his so-called parents, Chenle picked up Jaerin's bag and his bag that were laying on the floor after the fall. He walked back from the corridor he came from, trying to figure out where the girl went.

Another update, just finished class and envying people who went to the mall might meet NCT Dream and Wayv there before the Seen Festival in Malaysia started 😥

Hope the fans have fun supporting them during their performance!

This also tells me that its time to study hard and find a good job to support my way to their concerts 😍