¹⁶

“Here, Rin,” her brother’s voice sounded at one of the corners of the cafeteria, waving to them as they searched for their friends. The girl mentioned smiled at him as they approached them, the boys already looking at the two.

“Hi Jaem,” She greeted.

The rest of the boys greeted them with awkward smiles as it was their first time crossing paths without a fight between the girl and Chenle, while the boy didn’t even bother glancing up.

“Where’s the other three?” Jaemin asked, still unaware of the tension between the girls and the boys that were already seated on their chairs.

Students in the cafeteria had been staring and whispering, seeing that both the popular groups that had never interacted due to the two, were exchanging conversations.

Surely, a rare sight for them as they began to discuss amongst themselves, trying to guess what is going to happen next.

Jaerin, already used to the whispers and sometimes rumours going around in the school, casually answered him with a shrug and sat down at the other side of the table, creating a distance between her and the boys.

“Gosh, Jaerin, don’t let me deal with Mrs. Lin again,” The oldest girl sank onto her seat right beside Ningning as she heaved a sigh. Giselle sneered at her words.
“The ‘boss’ of the school~”

“I really don’t know what she wants anymore.”

“Well, she despises me,” Jaerin replied nonchalantly, ignoring the glare from her.

Chenle raised a brow at her words, glancing up from his food at Jaerin then at Karina. “What did she ask for?”

Karina gave a look to Jaerin, the younger raised an eyebrow back at her.
“What?”

The older female motioned towards the boy as Jaerin remained her blank look and continued to eat. The older looked back at Chenle and sighed.

“Mrs. Lin wants us to take charge of the upcoming sports day, but she wasn’t satisfied with any of our plans and it was the 14th idea we had for her.”

Chenle nodded, furrowing at the new information that he didn’t receive from the counsellor. “Why didn’t I know about this?”

“You were busy hanging out with your friends anyway,” Jaerin flatly responded."Maybe giving you the work is a better solution, it seems that she loves you more than anyone."

Jaerin took out the files, pushing it beside him a bit harshly. She took her fresh milk and her stuff, striding away, not giving them a chance to catch up with her.

Chenle frowned. The rest awkwardly sat there in silence and Jaemin hurriedly finished his food. “I’ll find her.” He rushed out before exiting the door Jaerin had left, the girls following him.

"Why do you have to make it awkward," Renjun smacked the back of Chenle's head, earning a whine from him.

"I did nothing!"

"Yeah, sure, on the first day sitting together," Haechan retorted, rolling his eyes as he got up to follow after the siblings, remembering what Taeyong had told him the day before.

Jeno looked up at him questioningly, "Where are you going?"

Haechan pointed towards the exit, "Find the two, make sure they don't get kidnapped." and he left.

Update update
Gonna go for a small shopping to get some clothes for college since I only realised now that I didn't have a track pants and the college don't accept short sports pants 🫤