⁴²

After the fun, the sun had started to settle. A few fire pit were set up with camping chairs and mats around. Everyone grabbed their dinner after drying themselves with the towels kept in the lockers near the beach and sat around the fire, enjoying each other's presences and chattering while admiring the sunset. 

“Hmm, its been so long since I had fun like today.”

Chenle stated, sitting on the empty space on the mat beside Jaerin. Jaerin hummed, too preoccupied with the food on her plates to reply to him properly. Chenle chuckled at her, pulling away the strands of hair that fell beside her face that were getting in her way.

“You should tie your hair up.”

“I lost my scrunchie,” Jaerin uttered before shoving another spoonful of noodles into her mouth. Chenle didn’t know what to reply. Instead, he got up from his place, leaving his plate on the mat. Jaerin ignored him, too hungry to think of questioning his actions.

She felt a pair of hands slowly slid through her hair, grabbing it and tying them up into a low ponytail. The boy sat down again beside her once he was done.

“Thanks,” Jaerin murmured, grateful that she could finally eat in peace. 

Time flew by fast, as it was almost midnight. The younger ones had already headed back to the hotel for bed earlier with some others following, too tired to stay up for the night. 

The rest greeted goodbyes as it will be awhile until they meet again. Few groups decided to head back to their home since they lived nearer while some had to leave early in the morning. 

“I’m tired,” Jaerin mumbled as they stepped into the elevator, the rest sympathising with her. One by one they exited the elevator, greeting goodbyes and headed to their rooms, leaving Ten, Renjun, Jeno, Chenle and Jisung with Aespa and Jaerin. 

Jaerin yawned, her eyes threatening to close as she struggled to stay awake after her energy was drained out. Ten had to help her stand on her feet as she swayed during her walk back to her room.

“Jaerin, go bath. You can wash your hair tomorrow.”

Ten softly told the sleepy girl who nodded, opening the door to her room and closed it properly. She headed to the bathroom, cleaning herself and decided to wash her hair, not used to her hair being sticky and hard due to the salty water. 

Her door was being knocked at when she was about to dry her hair, causing her to groan and pull her legs towards the door, peeking through the small gap. She opened to see Renjun still lurking in the dining room, presuming the one who let Chenle and Jisung in, both who were now at the corridor to the rooms.

“What?”

She was too sleepy to wonder why Chenle was in front of her room knocking on her door while she heard Jisung knocking on the door beside her room, presumingly Jeno’s.

“I think we forgot our card in the room and the other hyungs fell asleep so they didn't hear us calling or knocking. The receptionist was new and didn’t know where they kept the spare ones. Jisung was asking Jeno if he could sleep in his room. I was about to ask the others but they already shared the rooms. Only you and Jae Eun left and I'm not really close with her so…”

Chenle scratched his nape, feeling dumb at their clumsiness. Jaerin sighed, opening her door wider for him to enter.

"Maybe I can crash at hers if you are uncomfortable-"

Chenle stopped her from grabbing the doors, seeing that the girl was so worn out that she was stumbling over her feet.

"It's fine, I won't disturb you. Go dry your hair and sleep first." 

“Mmm, do whatever you need to, just don’t go onto the bed without cleaning yourself.”

Chenle thanked her and entered the bathroom after she gave him a few clothes she had grabbed from Jaehyun’s since she thought it was comfortable to change into, glad that she actually stole her brother’s clothes or it would be troublesome for them. 

Chenle didn’t question her for having male clothings in her baggage, relieved that he wouldn’t have to sleep on the floor like how Jaerin threatened him if he didn't clean up. 

The boy exited the bathroom, now refreshed and in clean clothes. He took a glimpse of the room and neatly placed his clothes on the table to take with him when he returned to his shared room with Jisung. Chenle noticed Jaerin had fallen asleep on her stomach, her hair still damp and the hairdryer on the table untouched.

“Jaerin,” he gently called the girl as she stirred in her sleep, mumbling for him to not disturb her.

“You have to dry your hair, or you will get a headache.”

After receiving no response from the girl, assuming she was too exhausted, Chenle moved her and let her lean on his shoulder facing him. He grabbed the hairdryer and started to blow her hair dry, occasionally stopping when Jaerin shifted at the noise or in discomfort. 

Chenle combed her hair with his fingers, feeling the softness touching his skin. He laid Jaerin down in a comfortable position, the girl already drifted into her dreamland and quietly kept the hairdryer back to its place. He climbed onto the bed, sliding into the duvets and Jaerin shuffled, feeling the mattress beside her dipped. 

“Sleep,” Chenle placed a kiss on her forehead when she turned around half awake by his movements, snuggling into his warmth and drifting back to sleep. Chenle brushed her hair out of her face, admiring her for a while before closing his eyes, also falling asleep.

“Goodnight.”

Guyssss
There's an editor from Webnovel messaging me if I would like to publish some novels on Webnovel and after confirming with the Webnovel service that it wasn't a scammed email, I'm debating if I should start another new book with them. What do you think?

Because they don't accept fanfic, I would either have to re-write this story a little so it is more of a normal high school story as a starting novel under my name or I would write a new one that doesn't relate to any idols, just fictional characters

Please give me some advice and if I'm ready to publish a book there I'll post here too! Hope y'all would support!

Anyways, here's another chapter!