𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞|The Move

After the ceremony was over, Matteo and Reyna went to greet their parents by the benches so while they do that I went to say goodbye to the guys and Alyssa

"I'm gonna miss you." Alyssa sniffles into my shoulder.

I squeeze her tightly, feeling my own eyes start to burn. Moving away from my best friend is so fucking hard. I won't get to see her everyday like I have been.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Al." I mutter into her shoulder.

"You better FaceTime me every night." She grumbles.

I chuckle and nod my head. "I will," I say. "But we're driving down every weekend."

"Still do it." She sighs and we pull away.

"Hey, babe." Grey comes up to us and pecks Alyssa's cheek then stares down at her with concern when he sees her tears. "What's wrong?"

"My best friend is moving away and now I have to live with a boy." She cries and Grey shoots me a freaked out look.

In response, I shrug my shoulders and giggle so he tries comforting her as they both walk away. I make my way over to the guys, who are chatting amongst themselves by the stadium.

"Hey." I say and they turn their heads at the sound of  my voice.

"Cupcake." Archer smiles and throws an arm around my shoulder.

"Are you saying goodbye?" Jayden groans.

"I am." I nod my head and he frowns.

"We'll miss having your little nerdy ass around." AJ teases me and ruffles my hair.

I roll my eyes and smack his chest playfully. "Okay. I won't miss that." I grumble, fixing my hair that he ruined.

"Who's gonna bring us free food at practise now?" Sam mumbles.

"You're still going to the NHL with Matt so I'll be there. Don't worry." I say, smiling at him in reassurance.

"You better." Logan says and brings me into a hug. "We'll miss you, A."

"Yeah we fuckin' will." The rest of them joins in the hug and I feel like they enjoy crushing my damn ribs.

After we pull away, we start talking for a bit more about future plans and meet ups. While Jayden is in the middle of talking, my eyes move over to where Matteo is still talking to his parents. Then, I catch River's eyes and she waves me over so I excuse myself.

As soon as I get there, she wraps an arm around my shoulder and brings me into her side. "Congrats." She whispers to me, smiling down at me. "I'm proud of you."

The warmth in her eyes tugs at something in my heart and I let out a deep breath, trying to get rid of the overwhelming emotion that suddenly rises over me.