𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧|Feelings

I'm doing the last thing on my bucket list tomorrow

I'm doing the last thing on my bucket list tomorrow. For me it's a big deal. Other people might think it's stupid but whatever. My sister is the only person who knows what's on it. Audrey knows about it but doesn't know what's on there.

"What time are you leaving?" Reyna asks, sipping on her gatorade.

"Like maybe 6?" I furrow my eyebrows and start fiddling with the scrunchie on my wrist.

Her gaze drops down to the action and small smile tugs on her lips. "You're stupid."

"What? Why?" I snap my head up and look at her with wide eyes. "Is that not okay?"

She chuckles and shakes her head. "Stop freaking out, dork. I'm saying you should go later. Like at 8 or 9."

"Okay," I release a deep breath and nod my head, "Okay. That's sounds better. Thank you."

"You're like a nervous little freak. It's weird. Stop." She deadpans.

"You're not helping." I groan and get off the barstool, walking out of the kitchen as she laughs from behind me.

I walk into the living room and see my mom sitting on the couch, reading a book so I'm gonna annoy her because that's what I do.

"What're you reading?" I ask, laying my head down on her lap and propping my feet up onto the sofa. She looks down at me and shows me the cover. "I read it. It's shit."

"Agreed." She mumbles, trailing her fingers through my hair with her free hand. Her little gesture always seems to ease my mind and right now I need a distraction because I can't stop overthinking about tomorrow.

"Why are you still reading it then Mamà?" I sigh.

"Good question. I don't actually know." She shrugs her shoulders. "I forgot to ask but did your friend like their gift?" She randomly asks.

"Loved it." I grin, remembering those hazel eyes lightening up as soon as she opened her present.

I'll buy her so many more presents if I get to see that look in her eyes again. Hell, I'll spoil the fuck out of her.

"That's good." She says, kissing my forehead and smiling down at me. "Do I get to know who this person is?"

I look away and smile slightly before meeting her gaze again. "Some girl." I say simply, clearing my throat and shrugging my shoulders like it's not a big deal.

She raises her eyebrow and smirks. "Some girl? You don't buy gifts for some girl, Matteo."

I frown and fiddle with my hoodie drawstrings, remembering that I gave Audrey my other one. "A girl from science." I mumble.