𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱|Darkness

tw: abuse
___________________________________

It reached midnight when we're all finally leaving the forest

It reached midnight when we're all finally leaving the forest. By now Matteo's sober enough to drive so once we've said our goodbyes to everyone we get in the car and drive off.

"Did you enjoy your birthday?" I ask him as I comb my fingers through the back of his hair.

He leans into my touch and lets out a long sigh. "Mhm," He hums, using the heel of his palm to turn his car, "Tired though."

"Think you drank too much."

"Regretfully," He groans lightly, "My head hurts."

"Want some Advil?" I ask, reaching into my bag.

"You have Advil?" He raises his eyebrows, glancing away from the road to cast me a glance.

"I always have Advil." I shrug my shoulders and extend the packet towards him. "Want one?"

In response, he nods his head and opens his mouth so I place one in there. He takes his hand off the steering wheel, the other gripping my thigh, and takes the water bottle he was drinking from earlier out the cup holder. After unscrewing the cap, he takes a swig before chucking the empty bottle in the backseat.

"You'll be a great mom to our future kids." He blurts out randomly.

I chuckle and shake my head at his unusual randomness. "You want kids?"

"Yeah with you."

"How many would you want?" I ask, gazing up at him with a small smile.

"However many you want," He shoot me a handsome smile, "Your body, your rules."

"Mm," I hum, pondering for a moment, "I want a big family. Maybe it's because I'm the only child."

"Yeah?" He says softly, "How many we talking?"

"Like four."

"Shall I pull over right now so we can get started?" He smirks, giving my thigh a gentle squeeze.

"Keep it in your pants," I scoff, rolling my eyes, "We're still in high school, mister."

"I can't help it. You're just too beautiful." He murmurs, lacing his fingers with mine and kissing the back of my hand.

"You're crazy."

"Crazy about you."

"And corny."

"Corny for you."

His dimples make an appearance when a giggle leaves my lips. "What else did you get for your birthday then?"

"My sister got me this," He says, gesturing towards the small diamond chain around his wrist, "My Mom got me this book I've been wanting to read and then my Dad bought me shoes."