𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧|Handshake

I finally got my car back so the first thing I did was drive to Mr Jacks cafe

I finally got my car back so the first thing I did was drive to Mr Jacks cafe. I had the day off but I haven't seen him in a couple of days. He's always been pretty busy running the diner that's on the other half of the cafè. I don't work there though.

"Audrey," He grins, bringing me into his arms and hugging me tightly, "come, come." He ushers me into a booth and sets a cup of warm hot chocolate in front of me. My favourite. He always makes the best hot chocolate.

"Missed me?" I wiggle my eyebrows up and down at him and take a sip of my hot chocolate.

"Of course," He says, sliding into the seat opposite me, "just not your God awful rambling."

I know he secretly listens even if he doesn't act like it.

I smile widely. "You love them and I have another one for you today."

"Dear God." He grumbles, groping his forehead and shutting his honey brown eyes.

"I love ice hockey now believe it or not."

He raises his eyebrows in shock. "You liking a sport? That will be the day."

"Hey," I throw a scrunched up napkin at him, "It's actually interesting."

"Why do you have a sudden liking to it?" He asks, wiping the counter down with his rag.

"I went to one of Matteo's games and—"

"Matteo?" He furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"Friend from school." I reply with a shrug.

"Sounds familiar. What's his last name?"

"Del Rosso."

"Ah," He nods his head and smiles warmly, his eyes wrinkling from the action, "he's a quiet young boy."

I furrow my eyebrows at him. "You know him?"

"Yes," He says, "he use to come here every Saturday morning. I don't see him as often anymore though."

That's weird. I've never seen him in here on the occasional Saturdays I work.

"Oh, that's weird." I mutter, mindlessly stirring my hot chocolate with a spoon.

He hums and gets up from his seat. "You said you went to one of his games? How was it? I didn't know he played hockey."

I smile and start telling him everything. Mr Jacks doesn't really input in any of my rambles but that's completely fine. All I want is for someone to just listen to me and he does exactly that.