𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲|News

This morning Matteo and I have a math test so we got up early and after getting changed, we went downstairs for breakfast

"Morning, Ma." Matteo mumbles tiredly, getting a glass from the cupboard beside River, who is cooking bacon at the stove.

"Morning. Why are you up so early?" She asks, turning her gaze towards him briefly.

"Got a stupid math test." He grumbles, walking towards the fridge and opening it before taking a carton of juice out.

"God, I hate math." She scoffs, shaking her head and I smile because she gets it. Maths is the worse.

"It's not that bad." He lifts his shoulder in a half shrug as pours juice into his glass.

"It really is," She says and then turns her gaze towards me. "Morning, Audrey."

"Good morning. You need help with anything?" I ask, standing up from my seat at the barstool.

"It's okay." She smiles at me and then turns her focus back to the stove.

"Here, love." Matteo says and I look up from my textbook to see him placing down a hot cup of tea in front of me.

"Thank you." I reply and lean up to peck his cheek. He smiles down at me with his dimples and takes a seat beside me, sipping on his drink as he takes his phone out.

"Matteo." River calls him.

He looks up from his phone and directs his gaze towards her. "Hmm?"

"I almost forgot but your father wants to talk to you."

"Oh," He furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "Where is he?"

"Either the office or our room." She replies and starts plating up our food.

"Alright, I'll be back." He sighs and gets up from his seat before leaving the kitchen.

"Here." River says, handing me a plate of food.

"Thanks." I take the plate of her with a smile.

"So, how are finals?" She asks, taking a sip of her coffee.

"They're alright I guess," I reply, cutting up my food. "Not looking forward to this math test though."

"You hate maths too?"

"It's the worse." I mutter against the rim of my tea cup.

"I know right," She scoffs and leans off the counter. "I barely passed."

"Really?" I grin. "What was your grade?"

"C." She sighs and puts her mug in the sink. "Ace got an A+ because he's a nerd."

A small laugh leaves my mouth as I shake my head. "Matteo's a bit of a nerd too."

"Well, the smarter the better." She says, shooting me a wink and I smirk, taking a bite out of my food.