𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧|Gift

It's Audrey's birthday today and I bought her a gift although she said not to

It's Audrey's birthday today and I bought her a gift although she said not to. I just couldn't help myself. And I don't know whether she'll like it or not.

Slight problem though.

I can't wrap a present for shit. I've tried but it looks like a fucking five year has done it.

"Ma help me." I groan and dump the wrapping paper and box on her lap.

She raises her eyebrows at me and picks up the stuff. "And who is this for?"

"My friend." I reply with a shrug.

She starts wrapping the presents with a small smile on her face. "This friend must be special because you never buy people presents."

She really is.

"They are." I smile and sit now down next to her on the couch.

She glances over at me and raises her eyebrows but doesn't say anything. Once she's wrapped the present she hands it to me. "Here."

"Thank you." I sigh in relief and hug her tightly before standing up with the present in my hand.

My dad walks into the living room with a lit cigarette in his hand. "What a rare sight." He says, tilting his chin towards the present in my hands.

"It's for his friend." Mamà says, emphasising the word friend.

My dad smirks and raises his eyebrows. "Friend, hm?" He teases, bringing the cigarette up to his lips and inhaling a puff.

I groan and roll my eyes. "Shut up." I frown.

Chuckling, he walks over to my mom and pecks her cheek. "You look tired." He murmurs, brushing hair away from her face and cupping her cheeks. "You still up for tonight?"

She plucks the cigarette out of his mouth and inhales a puff herself. "Always." She grins up at him and he silently looks at her for a moment like she's his entire world and more. A small smile made its way onto his lips like an subconscious habit he couldn't help.

Leaning down, he whispers something into her ear and kisses her jaw before pulling away. I swear he's always a pile of goo around.

Smiling, I turn around and walk out of the living room, making my way up to my room.

xXx

"Happy birthday princess." I smile at Audrey as she puts her books away into her locker.

She looks pretty wearing this mid thigh pink dress with her usual white air forces.

She turns her head towards me and gapes at me in disbelief. "You remembered?"

"Of course," I nod my head and lean against her locker, "May 1st?"

She nods her head and a toothy grin appears on her face, her eyes twinkling from the action. I poke her dimple with my free hand and brush my thumb over her pink cheek before moving away.