𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞|Different

I'm not gonna lie when I dropped Audrey off after the game, I kinda thought she wanted to get away from me for some reason

I'm not gonna lie when I dropped Audrey off after the game, I kinda thought she wanted to get away from me for some reason. Only because she practically ran out the door as soon as I came back from the locker room and then she made up that shit excuse saying that she felt sick when I asked her why she was in a rush. I knew she was lying by the way she was fidgeting with her hands.

The next day, I didn't know how to feel. I've been avoiding her all day because I thought maybe she wanted space, which is fine. But then my thoughts were immediately shut down when she came out here to look for me just because I didn't show up to class.

Now I'm wondering why she really wanted to go so soon.  If it wasn't because of me then what?

"Matt?" She says quietly, looking up at me with her hazel eyes.

"Hm?" I hum, staring at her plump lips that are coated with lipgloss.

She clears her throat and I drag my eyes away from her lips. "Class." She reminds me and I almost groan at the idea.

"I wanna see you after." I murmur, fiddling with the purple scrunchie around her wrist.

"I told Alyssa I would hangout with her." She sighs and I frown, "I can meet you at the park tonight?"

I smile and nod my head. "Okay."

Grey said he was talking to this girl named Alyssa so I'm assuming that's who she's on about.

"Let's go before we get caught." She says, stepping away from me and I fight the urge to pull her back.

"What's the worse that could happen?" I groan, following after her, "We get a detention and I stay with you for an hour?"

"Precisely." She nods her head.

"Ouch." I wipe a fake tear away from my eye.

She grins. "An hour with you is like a death wish."

I smirk and run a hand through my unkept hair. "I bet it is princess."

xXx

I have nothing to do after school so I just went home. Practice isn't until next week so I'm basically free the entire week.

Walking into the living room, I see my parents and my sister sitting on the couch.

"You're not winning this so give up." My dad says.

"What are you guys doing?" I furrow my eyebrows, grabbing the tv remote from the coffee table and giving it to Reyna since it's her turn to pick a movie.

"Your mom thinks she can beat me in a staring competition." He replies, keeping his gaze fixated on my mom.

"I can and I will." She says.