𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞|Library

I breathed a sigh of relief when I finally got out of my last lesson for the day

I breathed a sigh of relief when I finally got out of my last lesson for the day. Those two lessons dragged a lot longer for my liking.

Throwing my bag over my shoulder, I walked down the halls towards the library. I open the door as soon as I reach it and smile at Mrs Martin when I see her.

"Hello dear." She says in a sweet tone as she hobbles over to me.

"Hey Mrs M. You need any help?" I ask her with a smile.

"Oh sweetheart your eye." She says in a concerned tone when her gaze lands on my bruised eye.

"It's fine. I had a tablet so it should heal soon." I wave her off with a hand.

"Get it checked out," She says sternly, giving me a pointed look, "and your spot at the back is available."

"I will and thank you."

Turning around, I go to the back of the library and scan the shelves for a book. I finally find a book but the only problem is that it's on the top shelf. You've got to be fucking kidding me. I am short but not that short so my fingertips can only brush against it.

"Foda-se." I curse under my breath and sigh as I stare up at the book.

(Fuck sake)

I'm staring at it as if it's going to magically appear in my hands.

Suddenly, a veiny, tatted hand grips on to the book and brings it down from the shelf. My back hits a hard chest and just as I was about to turn my head to look up at the stranger they suddenly speak dangerously close to my ear.

"You wanted this?" A familiar voice murmurs huskily into my ear, their minty breath fans against my ear and I can feel their chest vibrate as they speak.

Swallowing the lump in my throat and attempting to calm down my racing heart, I crane my neck upwards, making sure to cover my eye with my hair. My gaze locks in with a familiar pair of piercing blue eyes.

His lips pull into a smirk as he licks the corner of his mouth with his tongue. His eyes roam my face and I feel my cheeks heat up from his intense gaze.

I need to get a grip.

I clear my throat and smile up at him. "Yeah thanks." I say, taking the book of him. His ice cold rings brush against my fingers sending goosebumps crawling up my arm.

"Did you want something? I've never seen you come in here before." I ask, furrowing my eyebrows at him. In all the years I've been coming to the library, I've never seen him come in here before.