𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧|Day Off

tw: abuse
___________________________________

Three more days till Matteo's game, which means I have been travelling by bus for four days

Three more days till Matteo's game, which means I have been travelling by bus for four days. I don't mind it. I'm only worried by the expenses. I have to cut down on the amount of money I spend of food to afford it. I could walk but the school is far from where I live. And of course my dad is making this shit any easier.

After the park Matteo offered me a ride home but I declined because I don't want my dad seeing him. The only reason he let me go is because I agreed to text him when I get home to make sure I'm safe.

Spending time with him made me forget about my father.

I'm so fucking glad I didn't accept his offer because I was right when I said my father might be awake. Drunk watching tv without a care in the world. Normal.

"Where have you been?" He grits out, smashing his beer bottle against the wall and I flinch at the sound.

"Out." I sigh.

He gets up from his seat and charges towards me. Wrong thing to say. "Don't get smart with me bitch." He spits and grips my collar before dragging me upstairs.

Tears fill my eyes at the first blow. My cheek stings from the contact of his fist colliding with it and the cool air only makes it worse. He throws me down on to the floor and takes his belt off before landing his first hit with it against my back.

"Please." I croak out and shield myself with my arms.

"Shut the fuck up. Maybe next time you shouldn't whore around and come home this late." He grits out angrily.

This place doesn't feel like home anymore. Far from it actually.

After he was done, he slammed the door shut to his bedroom. My body ached as I slowly walked over to my room. I curl up into a ball on my bed, too numb to do anything else.

Hell, I don't think I can make it to school at this point.

xXx

The next morning I didn't go to school. I decided to go to the cafe because I still need to make money. I tried my best to cover up my bruised cheek with makeup and after years of doing it I've mastered being a makeup artist.

I walk into the cafe, put on my apron, charge my phone and start my shift. I realised this morning I had forgotten to charge it last night so I brought the cable with me.

"Lovely to see you dear." Mr jacks says, patting my shoulder with his wrinkly hand as he sends me a warm smile.

"You too." I grin and start wiping down the counters.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" He asks, sipping his morning coffee as he reads his newspaper.

"Day off." I lie. I feel slightly bad about lying to him but I've grown to live with the guilt.