𝐓𝐰𝐨|"Can I have your number?"

tw: abuse (not detailed)
___________________________________

"Audrey do you have any idea who you just talked to?" Alyssa says, gaping at me as I get my stuff out of my locker before going home

"No? Am I suppose to know?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows and shutting my locker.

"Everyone knows who he is Audrey," She throws her hands up in the air.

"Enlighten me." I roll my eyes.

"Matteo Del Rosso." She says as if I know who she's talking about. "You're helpless," She scoffs and takes her phone out of her pocket when I give her a confused look, "See." She shows me a picture of Matteo on google wearing a suit with the caption 'teen billionaire makes a million dollar deal' underneath it.

I knew he sounded familiar but I didn't think he was a literal billionaire. And his last name is known to everyone because his family is feared by the whole goddamn population.

"Be careful Audrey. His family are dangerous people you shouldn't fuck with." She warns me.

"That's what everyone thinks. Maybe if we got to know him we'll think different." I say.

"Just be careful, okay?" She sighs and side hugs me, "I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow babe." And with that she leaves.

His family have killed people before and so has he but I don't want to stay away from him. I want to be his friend and get to know him because other people don't want to since they're always assuming things about him.

He might be different.

Sighing, I walk towards the school doors and leave. As soon as I'm outside, I get into my car and drive home. I debate on going to the coffee shop but then I remembered that my dad will kill me if I'm home late so I decide against it.

Couple minutes later, I finally make it back home. I get out of my car and quietly open the front door. Over the years I've learned which floorboards creak and which don't.

The tv was on so that means my dad is home. Fuck.

"And where have you been?" He grits out angrily, his eyes never leaving the tv as he sips his beer bottle.

"School." I roll my eyes.

I immediately regret saying that as soon as his gaze meets mine. Slowly, he gets up from his seat and undoes his belt as he stalks over to me.

"Who are you getting smart with little girl? Do I need to remind you who the fuck it is you are talking to?" He spat out as I stumble backwards.