𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭|Violent

The next day wasn't any better

The next day wasn't any better. I felt like shit and I honestly wanted to stay in bed all day but I needed to get out of the house, which is why I am not sitting in maths class bored out of my mind.

"For homework do page 382 in your textbooks. That'll be all, you are dismissed." Our teacher says.

Everyone starts packing their stuff up and leaving the class. Sighing, I collect my books and shove them in my bag before making my way over to science.

This'll be my first time seeing Matteo in two days and I kinda missed his company. I don't know how to explain why but he's the only thing that feels right.

Now I'm just being stupid.

I take my usual seat at the back of the class and wait for the lesson to start. People are talking, having their own conversations while they wait for the teacher.

"Audrey, right?" I look up from my desk and see Grey, Matteo's friend, standing next to me.

"Yeah. Can I help you?" I question as he is randomly talking to me.

"No. Not at all," He shrugs and sinks down in the seat on the other side of me, "just bored of waiting for Matt so I came to talk to you." He grins.

"Why?"

"You're the only decent human being in here." He says, taking out a can of monster from his bag. "Want some? I have another one in my bag that I was saving for Matteo but you're hotter so you can have it."

"Is this your way of flirting?" I roll my eyes and smile.

"Is it working?" He asks sheepishly.

"No." I shake my head and chuckle.

"Then no it isn't." He grins, "Want it?" He asks, extending the can out towards me.

"Sure, thanks." I take the can of him and open it before taking a sip.

"Anytime doll." He winks and takes his books out.

Shaking my head at him, I look over at the door just as Matteo starts walking in. He's wearing a grey tech fleece today with white air forces. His lips tug upwards slightly when his gaze meets mine as he walks over to where Grey and I are.

"AJ was looking for you." Grey says, fist bumping Matteo as he walks past him.

"Why?" He asks, sinking down in the other seat next to me.

"Because Logan broke his arm so we need a replacement." He replies, taking his phone out of his pocket and scrolling through it.

"Then I'll tell him to come on." Matteo says, taking his book out of his bag.

"Can't. He's at his uncles wedding."