177. Xavier Thorpe | how to get out of love I

Start from the beginning

You shook your head and waved off your wild fantasies, life was anything but a Shakespeare play, thankfully.

And he had made his choice clear.

The play had been going well so far. Too well for your liking.

And as if the universe has been reading your mind, your Hamlet, Ajax, has accidentally stoned himself, forgetting the mirror in the props.

Laughter spread through the audience. At least they found it funny.

You stood in the middle dumbly, not sure how to continue. Your eyes glare at the vampires in their guards costumes.

"We need a replacement." You hissed, nearing them slowly.

"Is this a prologue or a the posy of a ring?" His voice booms through the stage.

He was wearing Ajax's costume, and if you weren't still upset with him, you'd say he looks exactly the part.

Besides the obvious tremble in his voice as he forces himself to read through Ajax's lines.

You had no idea who had voted for Xavier as replacement, you were sure that all the characters should have replacement actors, yet you could not find Ajax's.

He coughed a bit and you broke your trance, slightly shaking your head.

" 'Tis brief, my lord." You speak, moving into the arranged seats on stage for the scene.

He stares at you for a minute and you found yourself mouthing the lines at him as he immediately repeats it.

"-As woman's love." It might be a trick of light, as you notice how his eyes bore deeply into yours when he spoke the words.

°°°

The play had not gone too smoothly, Xavier proving that he wasn't exactly the best ik acting and theatres, and of course he could barely remember any of the lines, none his faults. The chaos that ensued however only made the crowd merrier, enjoying the random interruptions and the funny awkward moments on stage.

You smiled and shyly took some of the bouquets thrown for you before running backstage.

Your body was tired of the long standings and the heavily designed dress. You strip it off immediately and wrap yourself in your robe before sitting down to remove your makeup.

You breath hitches as you hear a knock on your door, having a feeling that you knew who it was.

You begrudgingly open the door and Xavier's face appears in front of you.

"Can I come in?"

"No."

He pursed his lips and stared at you with pleading eyes.

You sighed loudly and moved aside as he enters.

"Whatever it is, be quick, I'm dying to get to bed." You rushed him.

He nods and inhales before starting.

"You were right-" You scoffed and roll your eyes.

"Wow, barely a day and she's already left you?" You mock him and feel a sense of guilt slithering in as he turns to look down, avoiding your eyes.

"She never liked me, she thought I was the hyde, she was trying to frame me or something."

You frowned and all insults leave your mind. "She thought you, were the Hyde?" He nods and you huffed, baffled.

"That just proves she never really knew you then." You decided.

He looks back at you and steps closer to your standing build.

"No, she doesn't. Only you ever do."

Your eyes soften at his words but the constant reminder of his words and how easily he was willing to replace you still burned at the back of your mind.

"And yet I still wasn't enough." You mumbled clear enough for him to hear.

"You are enough -" He interjects and you cut him off. "Just not for you then?"

He turns silent and you watch him struggle to form words.

"If she had wanted to be with you, for real, you wouldn't be here would you?" Your voice meek as you ask.

Your eyes starts to water as you watch him stand quietly, looking down at the floor.

"I'm a fucking idiot." He whispers.

Tears fall down your face and you chest heaved loudly as you lose control and starts sobbing.

"I have always been here all along, through everything- Me! Not her, not Bianca, why don't you ever see me? I have always loved you for you!" His eyes widen you revel in his guilt stricken face.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't see you before, but i see you now-"

He startles and move towards you but your hands raise to push him away.

"No, I don't want you anywhere near me, get out."

"[name]-"

"You've said enough Xavier, I'm nothing but a second choice to you, I see that now, and I refuse to be your little pastime lapdog while you dream of someone else when you're with me."

He stares at you mouth agape and you roared at him; "I said, leave!"

Your voice makes him flinch and he rushes out the door, hands shaking as you notice his own bleary eyes.

Tonight you were his Ophelia, and like Hamlet, he was too late.