120. Ajax Petropolus | just you and me

Tumblr : cosmicpearlz

summary: too embarrassed to tell your boyfriend about your fears of thunderstorms seeing as it was rarely occurred until it actually happens. luckily, he's there to help.

pairing: ajax petropolus x reader

***

your roommate left you at the worse possible time. when you heard the crack of the thunder with the fast aggressive rain, you knew you were in trouble. ever since you were a child, you hated thunderstorms and hated being alone during them even more.

to snake boy 𓆙

babe, are you busy?

fuck that idc

i need you to come now!!!

pls

from snake boy 𓆙

lol okay

i'll be there in a minute my love

to snake boy 𓆙

hurry!!

just as you got done texting him, all the power suddenly goes out. you quickly hide under your covers trying to ignore the sounds of the thunder and rain.

-

"baby? where are you?" there was a slightly bright light that you saw through the covers when ajax came through the door.

"under here," you whispered back to him refusing to get out the covers. ajax sits his battery charged lamp light on your desk and walked over to your bed.

"you gonna come from under there?"

"no!" he chuckled before pulling the cover off of you and there finds you curled into a ball. he sat next to your body resting a hand on your leg.

"what's the matter honey?" you didn't even have a chance to reply when another crack of thunder hits making you jump into his arms immediately. ajax catches you and rubs your back while you whimpered.

"is it the storm?" you nodded into his shoulder, hugging him a bit tighter.

"angel, i need you to look at me. please." lifting up your head, he lays both of his hands on your cheeks that were glistening with tears.

"i'm right here and not going anywhere. how come you never told me about your fear of thunderstorms?"

with a shrug of your shoulders, you looked away from your boyfriend, "i dunno. i guess i was embarrassed to tell you. i didn't want you to make fun of something as childish as this." ajax laughs making you remove yourself from his arms. you didn't get far before he pulled you right back.

"no no, baby i'm not laughing at you. i'm laughing at how ridiculous that sounds! did you laugh at me when i literally tripped on air while asking you on a date?"

"no."

"did you laugh at me when i told you i accidentally stoned myself getting ready for said date?"

"no, i would never." he gave you a pointed look and nodded his head.

"exactly! if you won't make fun of me for the dumb shit i do then i would never make fun of your very serious fears. don't forget that." you smiled up at him and kissed his cheek.

"there's that beautiful smile. my precious baby." it seemed as if the thunder stop for awhile but the rain continued to pour down hitting your window. you take a second to stand and stretch your limbs.

"i can't believe you brought that dorky camping light."

"hey! don't talk about my lamp like that, it's the only thing i had. plus it's lightning up your room." you giggled at ajax who was playfully glaring at you. he launches off the bed to grab you from behind, spinning the both of you around.

"jax! stop it."

"do you feel better?"

"if i said yes, will you put me down and cuddle with me?"

"maybe."

"for what it's worth, i do feel better." he stopped and gently let you down turning you to face him.

wordlessly, ajax presses a kiss on your hairline and guided you back to your bed. he lays down first and motions for you to get in. you throw a leg on either side of him, settling on top of him. as you laid down on his chest, he brings his arms around you and rubs your back in a soft manner.

"thanks for being here baby. i love you so much," you leaned up a little to press a kiss to his lips. ajax captures your lips again to deepen the kiss while sliding his hand down to your ass giving it a firm squeeze. you chuckled before pulling away again.

"i will always be here for you my love. you hear me? always here. i love you more than you know."

"i know," you stare into his pretty brown eyes, pulling his beanie down slightly not trying to bother his snakes. with the same hand, you stroke his cheek with a bright smile.

"let's get some sleep. the rain should pass by in the morning, luckily for us tomorrow is saturday."

"you don't have any plans?"

"no, i don't think so. xavier's in one of his moods again," you laughed at the fact that your shared friend's mood was always noticeable.

"maybe we can cheer him up! lord knows he probably needs it."

"yeah maybe," he paused and then runs a hand down your face from your eyes to your chin, "now go to sleep! i don't want you to be cranky in the morning." you gasped at your boyfriend looking at him with wide eyes.

"babe, i do not get cranky!"

"yes you do but it's okay because i love you anyways," he leans up to kiss your cheek and settled back down against your pillows.

"i love you too but that was uncalled for," you nuzzled into his neck allowing him to continue rubbing your back.

"you'll be fine honey. what would you do without me?"

"yeah, i would be a mess without you jax."

"likewise sweetheart. likewise."